• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Different emblem, too I think.
    Yep! Staring at SF Superman now and this is the more, classic comic emblem. Bigger and wider.

Originally posted by enyawd72
    I think a much better approach would be to have the belt free floating and simply paint the belt loops on it.
    Or something. This belt approach is much better than the Justice League Superman's belt, but at least the top of the belt lined up with the top of the super underwear. I prefer a real belt though and have thought about the belt with painted loops approach. I don't think even with a thicker belt would it cover the seam between the red and the blue.

Originally posted by jeffbearco
    I really like this sculpt! I'm wondering how it looks with glasses now!

I'm also wondering what changes will be made between this "Early Bird" figure and when they release it fully. There were minor changes when they did the same for Gordon.

JeffBearCO
    Sculpt, from what we can see is perfect! It is what Batman Series 5 Batman should have been. I think the figure will be the same once it goes to general release, but the card might be different; maybe with full body artwork. I have The Superman Series 1 Early Bird figure and I don't think there was any difference between that figure and the general release. Early Release Gordon was extra early and didn't even come on a card, so that might be the reasoning for making it different once it was released on a card.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Love love love that head sculpt!!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I hate the outfit. It's too saggy and baggy. It needs to be tighter overall, otherwise, he looks lije he's wearing saggy p.j.'s.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Would love to see a back of head view and side profile. Can someone post when you receive it.

Comment

• Lexrules
            • Apr 2, 2015

Just ordered mine

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I've been planning on opening (re-opening) my Super Friends figures and just opened Series One the other day. Robin came out great, Apache Chief is good, Samurai is okay, but Superman was the weakest of the bunch. The costume just isn't quite there. And I kind of see that the more I look at this Superman. The tightness of the costume looks fine even in the prototype, and FTC has been pretty good at fixing that with final releases; it's the only thing that gets improved from the initial release images.

The belt is what is going to bother me to the point where I almost know I will be disappointed when I get the regular release of this figure. I almost hope that if there is a difference between the Early Bird and regular release, it's how they do the belt and the tacky looking belt loops. Mattel just did such a phenomenal job on the Superman costume. And the Super Friends Superman's boots go with it almost perfectly; much better than the Mattel boots:

FTC Mattel Superman Mashup 1.jpg
              FTC Mattel Superman Mashup 2.jpg

This is a Mattel Superman costume with FTC SF Superman boots on a Type S body (unfortunately, the suit shows off the major flaw of the Type S -- those hips). Give me that new Superman Head and the material of the cape and that would be a great, great Superman, IMO.

I have the red and blue suit from the 8 inch Superstore that I would love to turn into a Superman costume, but for a non-customizer, Superman is tough because of the way the cape should attach to the costume. That's above my skill level.

Oh, and are there any non-shiny Mego Superman repro heads out there? I cannot understand why FTC made the hair shiny on these. I think it looks terrible!
              Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 9, '17, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I hope you guys are right, but I think you're fooling yourselves on the size of that head. It is a great sculpt though.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

Couldn't wait. Ordered the new Superman even without seeing pictures of anyone else having one in hand. The pictures look great and I'm ready to commit to this one.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
                    Is it just me...or does that looks proportional?!
                    I think this is the first head sculpt on the DC lines that actually looks professional.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Figure8
                      Museum Patron
                      • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by jayraytee
                      I think this is the first head sculpt on the DC lines that actually looks professional.
                      Exactly my thought. Sad, really, when you consider the price tag for these figures. I just hope that head stands up to close-up scrutiny. And after seeing TRDouble's pics I really wish they'd change the boots - these look super big and clumsy IMO.

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

Hopefully it would look like this....

trdub_supes.jpg

Photoshop Render of TRDub's Supes with new Head.....
                        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Nice figure, but don't like the belt loops, the belt should have been higher up and not a big fan of the boots either.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by darkbros
                            Hopefully it would look like this....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20834[/ATTACH]

Photoshop Render of TRDub's Supes with new Head.....
                            Yes that's better, how the belt should look, but again those over sized boots need to be changed.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

Here he is:

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

I like this one a lot. The head sculpt is good and proportional to the body. I can't stand the oversized boots so I changed them out for the classics. The body is good and can even hold a more dynamic pose. The head had a very slight case of "flatness" but from most angles is not noticeable. The cape is thinner than the Super Friends version and the blue is much more vibrant. The belt is what it is. I had to take some acetone to remove some black blotches from his face. The belt is what it is. All in all this is one of their better offerings. Sorry about the sideways pictures---I couldn't get them to orient properly.

Comment

• Monstar
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 6, 2008

That's an awesome looking figure!
                                http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎