• Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody see Fear TW Dead ? - spoilers

Season premier was kind of a stinker.

Anybody else think the guy that runs the camp looks just like Mr Roper

Wonder if they really killed off the guy ? .... or are they playing with us ?
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Spoilers!!!

Travis is gone for good. One of the producers in Talking Dead said so...plus actor Cliff Curtis just signed to be in the next four Avatar movies...so he's got a better gig.

I really hate Madison...I was hoping she'd be the one gone...
    sigpic

Comment

• cockyhoskins
      Career Member
      • Jan 13, 2009

I gave up at the start of last season. The series never sucked me in, and it felt like a chore to watch personally. Let us know if it picks up, Hector!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

Spoilers...

Originally posted by Hector
        I really hate Madison...I was hoping she'd be the one gone...
        Same here. I only watched the first episode because I'd heard a main character was going to bite it, was hoping it was her. Too bad, it wasnt. They lost me last season because (over the course of a season and a half) I couldn't manage to find a single character to give a blank about, and she was the least of the least.

Won't need to tune in again anytime soon. No loss though, just allots more time for Saul, American Gods and the upcoming seasons of Turn & Preacher.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

You guys summed up my thoughts. I just can't get into the characters........ any of them. And the writing is not near as good as TWD. Can't see the series making it too much longer honestly.
          Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

The only reason I watch it is because Game of Thrones and Ray Donovan are in hiatus...and I DVR American Gods.
            sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Spoiler

It's not the best but it's decent enough to watch.That mr roper farm guy has been around...lol
              He was the sheriff in SOA and was also in deadwood he has some serious acting chops.
              I was hugely disappointed by the Travis (cliff Curtis)death scene.He was the reason I personally tuned in.
              The dynamic of the show is going to change immensely as Travis was the moral compass.
              However I'll still watch a few more episodes and see what's up.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                Career Member
                • Jul 25, 2010

Was Travis shot and bit? I can't see how he made it out of that pit without a bite.

And the walkers pulling people through walls....... please. Going after Travis in the pit and tackling him. Pretty aggressive I'd say. Yet can't even manage to get a good bite on him. They'd of ate his ***. AND it's like 10-20 on one. I guess maybe because it's earlier on and they haven't deteriorated as much so they have more energy or something.
                Vintage Toy Rescue
                1614-B N State Hwy 161
                Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

It's seems they're stuck in the rut of redoing the same plot over and over --- see Supernatural

Cast starts together

Get's broke up through the season

Season finale cast gets together again

Season premier - cast breaks up for the next season

Repeat until fans/watchers disappear

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I am still watching, but the problem with this show has been the same since day one. not a single one of the characters is likable or even relatable. they are all self absorbed assholes. I will say that I have started to like Strang or whatever his name is. Madison is at least easy on the eyes. Travis was always moping around since his son was killed so good riddance to him

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I actually thought last night's episode was by far the best of the series...all mostly in Spanish, so many might be turned off by that, but right up my alley. But that's not the reason I liked it...the reason was the complexity of Ruben Blade's character...you just couldn't predict how he was going to turn, good or evil...it was pretty dramatic...it actually was better than any of last season's Walking Dead episodes, it was really good. Perhaps I also liked it because there was no Madison to be seen, as I hate that character with a passion, lol....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I loved it ... The Spanish with subtitles were fine.

I actually thought they would do the whole episode that way (which would have been ok with me)

Wow, I heard of character development but this is ridiculous -- all over the board

Wish they would just keep running with this story and forget about the family

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I hated last nights episode because of the sub-titles! I had to skip most of it because I can't stand subs. I'm struggling to keep watching it, and this didn't help any.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                            I loved it ... The Spanish with subtitles were fine.

I actually thought they would do the whole episode that way (which would have been ok with me)

Wow, I heard of character development but this is ridiculous -- all over the board

Wish they would just keep running with this story and forget about the family
                            Agreed. Ruben Blade's character is way more fascinating than Madison and her group.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              I hated last nights episode because of the sub-titles! I had to skip most of it because I can't stand subs. I'm struggling to keep watching it, and this didn't help any.
                              For me the Spanish speaking (because it's set in Mexico) makes the atmosphere feel more legit and right.

If I had any complaints it would be to keep the subtitles on the screen a few seconds more --- only so I can read the plot and watch the show at a comfortable speed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎