X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Wonder Woman vs Thor

Thor himself said..."I think she'd kick Thor's arze"....

sigpic
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Probably never going to happen, but how cool would it be if they made a crossover movie with DC vs. Marvel
    including a Lex Luthor and Dr. Doom team up. It doesn't have to be anything like the comic series crossover
    infact I would prefer it not to be, just maybe something like select members of the Justice League clashing with
    select members of the Avengers, anyway just me thinking out loud.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Agreed it would likely never happen, unless of course the bean-counters at both Disney and Warner Bros. both sat down and realized the bottom line potential, not only in box office take, but in merchandising as well, of such a venture. Provided the project was guided by the proper writers and director[s], think of the buzz such an undertaking would create...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Won't likely happen?

It will definitely happen.

There's huge money to be made and the whole notion has major precedence.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by huedell
            Won't likely happen?

It will definitely happen.

There's huge money to be made and the whole notion has major precedence.
            Oh, make no mistake, huedell, I'd LOVE to see it happen, but let's just say it likely won't be anytime in the near future. Perhaps, when both MARVEL and WB/DC have all but spent themselves at the box office, they'll come together for one, last big bang that would spawn something entirely different for viewers---The Amalgamverse!
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Perhaps, when both MARVEL and WB/DC have all but spent themselves at the box office, they'll come together for one, last big bang...
              My theory is that all it'd take would be for ONE of the big 2 to reach out to get something started (as opposed to both being desperate).

With cinematic theater film inevitably on the downswing overall... things that seem so improbable may happen sooner than we'd think.

BTW... love the Amalgamverse, but no way would anyone at the studios go for mashing cash-cow heroes together to create new heroes after all the negotiation to get "Superman to punch Spider-Man (or some variation of that)" in the first place.... maybe in a small live-action film wacky third act sequence in a Marvel vs. DC movie or in a full-length animated crossover in a series of Marvel/DC crossover "straight to DVD" movies, most likely to accompany the release of a live-action Marvel/DC project.
              Last edited by huedell; Jun 8, '17, 7:22 AM.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

As far as "real-life issues" affecting who would win in a fictional live-action Thor (Hemsworth) vs. Wonder Woman (Gadot)... I'd be shocked if the big-wigs would allow a man to beat a woman, but I'd also be surprised that they'd allow Wonder Woman to win against Thor if her first box-office returns do not eclipse Thor's. So, that could likely make my opinion a draw if WW stops short box-office-wise...and, frankly, it'd be interesting to see how that real-life scenario played out fictionally onscreen.

As far as, simply, "the most talented Amazon" winning against "the Norse God Of Thunder"... i'd say that's not possible... but Hemsworth's Thor isn't really that traditional Thor, is he? (I sincerely haven't watched MCU Thor enough to discern this myself...I mean, obviously he's "different", but I'm not sure how much)

My gut... like who should win just from my visceral feelings of what I've seen so far?

I imagine a Hemsworth vs. Gadot fight would begin with Thor using his hammer to beat the pulp out of Wonder Woman, but, then WW would find a way to address the hammer-attack with multiple skilled techniques, and end up winning in a "sum is greater than the parts" attack on Thor, Thor's hammer-attack being too "narrow in skill" to keep up.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Man is Gal Gadot ever beautiful...she just RADIATES. I never thought I'd say it but she is even more beautiful than Lynda Carter.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

LOL @ Wonder Woman kicking Thor's arse....wouldn't happen! Just like in real life!.....It ONLY happens in the movies!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                      LOL @ Wonder Woman kicking Thor's arse....wouldn't happen! Just like in real life!.....It ONLY happens in the movies!
                      ????? ???
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
                        Sexist much?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Plenty of female MMA and boxers who would mop the floor with tons of dudes...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I'm a 6' 2" dude, 275 lbs...I'm big and strong...have played sports all my life, have even wrestled a boxed a little...and still active...as I hike 6-8 miles a day...so I'm no chump.

Would I fight Amanda Nunes in an octagon or box Laila Ali in a ring?

Hell no...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I give Thor the edge because of his hammer. But drop the hammer, just mano a mano...Wonder Woman mops the floor with him...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎