Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumors that Green Lantern will be featured in JL movie...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
    I'm pretty sure that's accurate, hr. I scratched my head when I saw Cyborg, always traditionally a New Teen Titan, in the JL when they relaunched it. Makes more sense now that we know he's also transitioning to the big screen, as well, since he basically feels like a DC clone of Iron Man, only with Mother Box/Apokolips connections...
    That was certainly half of it. The other part was the same reason Dini put Stewart on JL; diversify the team. It works with Stewart since he feels like a veteran.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    yeah, but is Nu52 even still the thing at DC? I still don't get why they don't unite the CW shows with the movies, like Marvel is presumably doing down he road. Supergirl, J'onn, Flash and Green Arrow are all ready to go there.
    You're right it's dead, but it's a chicken/egg scenario where WB wanted DC relaunched so it synergized with the movies and avoid the "that's not canon" blowback. Except the relaunch caused its own blowback so DC called a mulligan, but the movies are too far into production to change again.

I got the vibe Johns was pushing for Crisis event with CW, and that was being incorporated into the Flash movie. Movie Flash referenced seeing Gustin in the Speed Force during one the writer/director changes.

Hard to believe Zemeckis would sign for Flash. He's passed on every single major superhero...but he'll take Flash. How does that not imply a Back To The Future story? Or it's Matthew Vaughn, a guy who made his name shaking up how story chronology is presented.

Inifinity War leads to Secret Wars. Darkseid leads into Crisis.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      Personally, I don't care WHICH Green Lantern shows up as long as the Corps. is represented. True, the GL movie from 2011 (6 years ago already?) left a bad taste in people's mouths, but they could easily use John Stewart since he is ALSO a Green Lantern for the same space sector and Hal could be reintegrated later. Or heck, about about a totally alien Green Lantern, namely the GL of the space sector occupied by Apokolips (which, since I haven't read the comics for a while, I have no idea who that is)?
      Kraken.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎