X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Why Archie Comics Never Grows

It's not just issues of Sonic The Hedgehog that Archie Comics has been cancelling. Back in December, they announced four one-shots with Entertainment

If accurate, I'm sorry to read this, Art.

That company will always be a mess, imo. Aguirre-Sacassa has incredible talent for failing upwards. This guy has been involved with enough bombs to be designated an explosive ordinance, and yet he keeps getting higher profile gigs. smdh...
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I'm really hoping this is just a delay, rather than cancelled outright!

I'm admittedly really enjoying most of the new Archie titles (surprisingly, Reggie and Me in particular), but a middle aged man is hardly the core audience they should be aiming for, the novelty and media attention of Zombie and Kiss/Ramones/Predator crossover titles aside.

i thought these titles and the return of Dan Parent (along with Ty Templeton) to a classic-look monthly Archie title was a step in the right direction to cultivate a more robust range of readers. As much as we can applaud the success of Riverdale, chasing the older teens and adults, at the expense of the tried and true formula of younger readers seems short-sighted. Although I guess they have decades of digest material to mine for that crowd, even if that material is often quite dated looking.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎