X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

The Top 20 Greatest Stretch Figures of All Time

It started with Stretch Armstrong in 1976 and it kept on stretching from there. Today, there have been hundreds of stretch figures made in all shapes and sizes. Some filled with corn syrup, some with powder, and some we have no idea what chemical goop was inside, but all were suppose to give kids hours of fun (or tummy aches if they ate it). But what stretch figure was the best of the best? Have no idea? Well, for the first time ever I list for you the 20 greatest stretch figures of all time because you were too afraid to ask! BOOM!!!

If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Cool lost. I still have my Macho Man. Oh Yeahhh!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Still think they should have made a stretch Mr. Fantastic.

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

Lol. In all honesty I didn't even realize that many were even worthy of being produced. 😉
        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Never had any or even saw any for sale in my childhood, but I stared at that Elastic Superheroes ad in many a comic book. I always thought the Plastic Man sounded perfect but was nonplus about Batman or Superman in that style.

At the very least, I'd have loved to have seen an Elongated Man bendy.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I just couldn't wrap my mind (pun intended) around stretch versions of non-stretchy heroes like Superman and Batman as a kid, but I loved my Stretch Armstrong and Monster back then. I remember I even took Stretch Monster to show n' tell in Kindergarten a few years later.

My son still has the Ioan Grufford Mr. Fantastic figure somewhere in the house. Last time I checked his corn syrup had hardened and he was like a brick!

Nice list! I had no idea some of these existed.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎