• Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Warriors vs Cavs

Tomorrow, D-day...

Warriors vs Cavs

Predictions?

Warriors in six!

Why? Because Cavs have not improved on defense, the Warriors have...plus they added Durant, arguably the second best player on the planet.

Homecourt advantage will count this time as well.

Curry will snap outta his Finals slump...and will unload holy 3s on their arzes...

McGee has been a friggin great surprise...he brings athleticism and length...Cavs don't have a counterpart against him believe it or not.

Green will not get suspended this time.

The only Warrior playing in a funk is Thompson, but if he snaps outta of it, Warriors in five...

Kerr, get well, coach...

LeBron will have his Monster moments...but it will just not be enough...the Warriors are just more loaded.

I have spoken!

sigpic
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I tend to agree with you, Hector. But as a Cavs fan, Cavs in 6.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Hey, you never know, that's why they play the game...

sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I've actually lost interest in this whole NBA thing, the game is not played like it once was, I guess they no longer call traveling anymore, traveling is now when one team gets on an airplane and (travels) to another city.

all that being said, LeBron is still the best player in the league, but I'm rooting on the Warriors to get back the title.
        plus I want to see a victory parade in Oakland just so I can see Oakland's sexy mayor.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by tjacwave50
          I've actually lost interest in this whole NBA thing, the game is not played like it once was, I guess they no longer call traveling anymore, traveling is now when one team gets on an airplane and (travels) to another city.

all that being said, LeBron is still the best player in the league, but I'm rooting on the Warriors to get back the title.
          plus I want to see a victory parade in Oakland just so I can see Oakland's sexy mayor.
          Libby Schaaf in DA house!

sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I think it's flip of the coin.

And, nice mayor!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

KD is mentally sawft when it comes to LeBron. Kyrie is better than Curry. Igoudala can't guard James anymore. And Mike Brown/Draymond is bound to implode one game.

Dub's bench is younger, but that cuts both ways. They have energy, but it's nervous energy.

For Warriors, it really comes down to Klay. He's not happy that KD has supplanted the Splash Brothers. He's lucky to get a dozen touches a game, which is half of what it was before Durant, so he can't find a rhythm. That's why Draymond, as much as he annoys me, has been incredibly unselfish. Durant is still playing his OKC game, which is nuts since that won nothing when compared to Splash.

Cavs in six.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                Supporter of Silliness
                • Jun 20, 2007

I think it all kind of hinges on whether or not Kerr is coaching. Brown is doing an OK job to this point, but it's Kerr who has a much better feel for how the Warriors' lineup functions best. If Kerr is able to come back for the majority of the series, I think it's Warriors in 6 or 7. If not, I think it's the Cavs in 7.

James is the best player on the planet right now, and it's not even close. He's good for 2 wins just on his own. If Kyrie gets hot, he can steal a game as well, since I don't think the Warriors have any one who can match up with him defensively. I'll be curious to see who they have James cover defensively the majority of the time. I'd assume it will be Durant, but I can see Durant checking out mentally at some point, if his shot isn't falling.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

^I agree with all of that. Kerr is a big deal. Sports media is trying to act like Brown is a successful coach, but it's not true. He had LeBron at his youth peak...of course a team is going to win. There's a reason we talk about Pat Riley and not KC Jones. Pat could build teams, KC was a manager.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

I have no interest in the NBA anymore; the Stanley Cup Playoffs are much more compelling.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

If you have no interest in the NBA...then why bother posting here?

This thread is for people who are into the NBA.

Believe me...you'll never find me EVER posting in a hockey thread...I'll guarantee you that much...but at least I'll leave those posters who are, alone.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                        Kyrie is better than Curry.
                        You made good points in your thread...but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Kyrie is not better than Curry.

Has Kyrie been better than Curry in the Finals? Yes.

Kyrie got hurt in their first encounter in the Finals. Curry played hurt in their second encounter in the Finals.

That even things out.

Bot have one ring each.

This third encounter in the Finals should decide who is better.

But the reason I say Curry is better overall...is that Curry not only has better stats...but has been much more consistent of the two. Curry has demonstrated he's been super clutch too...just not in the Finals so far. Curry has also vastly improved driving into the basket...something he didn't do much the past years.

No one is better at creating his own shots and shoot as good as Curry.

Both are okay defensively...nothing spectacular.

Kyrie is a baddarze...great penetrating guard, good shooter (not on Curry's level though), clutch when it matters...but still rate him a tad below Curry as an overall player.

My humble opinion of course...

P.S. Oh yeah...Curry...TWO-TIME MVP...ONE UNANIMOUS...FIRST TIME EVER...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

Curry's a better shooter, but not by as much as people think. Kyrie's a better ball handler/finisher, but Curry's actually underrated at that. While neither are great defensively, I think Curry is actually worse. He's just a little too slight in frame to be able to stop anybody. Irving has a little more bulk. They're very similar players. I'd still go with Curry, at this point. If Curry has a bad finals, that will be bad for his legacy. He desperately needs a good one. As a Cavs fan, I'm afraid he's going to deliver this time, but we'll see. If the series is physical, we'll see if Curry shoots the lights out or not. I have yet to see him react well when he has to physically work through picks. It's the one thing that keeps me from proclaiming him the best shooter ever. All the past greats played in a much more physical time which wore them down, IMO. Well, that and I need to see him do it for longer.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Good post... ^^^^^^^
                            sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                              You made good points in your thread...but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Kyrie is not better than Curry.

Has Kyrie been better than Curry in the Finals? Yes.

Kyrie got hurt in their first encounter in the Finals. Curry played hurt in their second encounter in the Finals.

That even things out.

Bot have one ring each.

This third encounter in the Finals should decide who is better.

But the reason I say Curry is better overall...is that Curry not only has better stats...but has been much more consistent of the two. Curry has demonstrated he's been super clutch too...just not in the Finals so far. Curry has also vastly improved driving into the basket...something he didn't do much the past years.

No one is better at creating his own shots and shoot as good as Curry.

Both are okay defensively...nothing spectacular.

Kyrie is a baddarze...great penetrating guard, good shooter (not on Curry's level though), clutch when it matters...but still rate him a tad below Curry as an overall player.

My humble opinion of course...

P.S. Oh yeah...Curry...TWO-TIME MVP...ONE UNANIMOUS...FIRST TIME EVER...
                              And, Kyrie believes that the Earth is flat. He's not to be trusted.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎