Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know why tmmello would stiff me on an order?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

Anyone know why tmmello would stiff me on an order?

I hate to complain (being Canadian and all), but not sure where else to turn.

Back in early August 2016, I placed an order through Todd Mello's FanMade Props site to supplement my Batman '66 collection. Todd seemed to be a presence on the boards that was making pieces regularly for other members. This was what we agreed to:

1/9 bat signal 70.00
    Bat computer 85.00
    Lab table 22.50
    Riddler cane 5.00
    Penguin umbrella 5.00
    Freeze gun 10.00
    Wayne Manor desk 35.00
    Golden cats x 2 (free)

Total 227.50 plus 35.00 shipping, paid in advance.

I didn't hear from him until November, when I checked in with him. He explained he was having problems building the Bat-computer, as it was a tricky build, so that was understandable.

When I emailed him again in January, he explained his son had been sick, so he couldn't get to it. Again, fine.

By the end of January 2017, after a few more e-mails, he finally sent me the Bat-Signal and Wayne Manor desk, which I appreciated. Great stuff, actually. Willing to wait for the rest.

Emailed again at beginning of April to get some kind of progress report, no response.

Tried again at the beginning of May through both email and the contact form on his site, again no response.

Now here at the end of May, sent a few more messages by email, the contact form, AND Facebook Messenger, still nothing.

I understand being busy, I understand things getting in the way; I do commission work myself. But we're now ten months and counting since the original order.

He's still active on Facebook and his site, so he's still alive and making stuff, he just seems to be avoiding responding, even to say he's too busy or not interested in completing my order. Until he does, basically he's got my money. Never had this problem before with anyone who's done custom work, everyone's always been great.

Anyone have a way of contacting him, or suggestions as to what to try next?
    Last edited by rodkeith; May 31, '17, 4:26 PM.
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Who is he here on the museum? The name doesn't ring a bell at all.

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

He's "tmmello" here, though checking his profile, hasn't visited since January. Which is why I didn't bother to try contacting him here.

This is his site: http://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade
      Last edited by rodkeith; May 31, '17, 8:33 PM.

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

Bump! Anyone have a way to contact him? I know some folks here have gotten some pieces...

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

he frequents the 66 Batman forum, too
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rodkeith
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2008

^ Thanks!

UPDATE: Todd has now contacted me and we're working things out.

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

NEW UPDATE:

After assurances from Todd that he would complete more of my order in early June, I've seen nothing from him, nor has he responded to any further messaging.

As of tomorrow, it will be ONE FULL YEAR since I placed the order with him. Looks like I've been shafted for about $150.

Unfortunately at this point, all I can say is: AVOID FanMade Props.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

That really sucks, I got some really nice stuff from him.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rodkeith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 16, 2008

I know, I'm not sure why you would build up goodwill, as a commissioned artist in a community, and then squander it. Disappointed to say the least.

Comment

• Positron
                    • Sep 18, 2017

Hello guys,

I am adding to this thread that I also got ripped off by Todd Mello. I placed an order for the Batman 1989 vault on January 18 of this year through his Fanmadeprops website. I personally thought it would only take a month or two to receive the custom vault. Fast forward to April he emailed with,

Sorry im re sending this.. said it failed
                    Hi,
                    Yes im still working on your vault. I recieved more orders for this than i anticipated, plus i had some setbacks.
                    Your bault will be shipping out in a couple weeks. Sorry for the long delay.

Talk to you soon,
                    T.Mello
                    I figure I give him another 2 months but I forgot about the order after that email. My fault of course. I emailed him back earlier this month and got an AT&T automated email message saying Address not found. His website and facebook accounts are still up. I even messaged him there but no response at all.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Time to file a complaint in his police district/precinct. Basically he's committed fraud. Don't know if you could file mail fraud...but the least you could do is file a complaint with the police precinct/district where this guy lives.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

He's back on Facebook if anyone's still out money with him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I really wanted to order from him, but I retrospect I'm glad I didn't. There're creative, reliable folks here instead who care about the collecting community.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 27, 2007

Thanks for the heads up. It's a relatively small collecting community for all things Mego-ish, at least for those willing to buy custom items. One's reputation can be damaged very quickly, which seems to be the case here. Sorry for the apparent scam!

Comment

• rodkeith
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 16, 2008

Just happened to see a post on Facebook tonight from him, with someone else similarly disgruntled linking back to this very thread! Well, I put my two cents in. Be surprising if anything comes of it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎