Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone excited about the Justice League?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

Anyone excited about the Justice League?

Initially I was, but after the Man of Steel and BvS....I am no longer. The Flash seems VERY lame.
    Pretty sure Aquaman will be the stand out.
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I didn't have a lot of hope for JL, but, if WONDER WOMAN does gangbusters at the box office and the suits at WB and DC see that, there may some hope that, with Joss Whedon coming onboard, they can perhaps edit some stuff differently and do some reshoots to punch up the film without altering Zack Snyder's original vision/concept.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

This would get a lot more traffic in its proper forum...the Comic Book section.

Wonder Woman is the movie that's going to finally establish the DC Universe as a major player...and director Patty Jenkins will become the IT director...erasing Zack Snyder's mess altogether.

The best thing about Batman v Superman was Wonder Woman...she might become the biggest superhero star in the DC Universe after this...
      sigpic

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 13, 2016

Now that Joss Whedon is taking over I'm STOKED!!!!

I hope they cut a bunch more scenes and let him do most of the movie. Joss is my all time favorite writer, he also wrote and directed this tiny little movie called Avengers that a few people liked Hiring him to take over is the best thing that could happen to this sad film.

-Diana

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I'm hoping for the best. I think the tone is going to be going in a direction I prefer over BvS. Wonder Woman looks great.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 13, 2016

I'm excited for Wonder Woman, but not going to go into it with really high expectations. She's looking hawt and kicking *****, so that's pretty much all I want to see lol
            Even with Joss taking over JL to button it up, I'm not going to expect much. Unless he re-casts Batman. Cuz I don't think even Joss Whedon could make Ben Affleck likable.
            I went into SS with zero expectations which was good because Jared Leto was AWFUL and Capt Boomerang, Slipknot & Katana were a big disappointment from a DC nerd standpoint. But as a movie it was enjoyable to watch.

It's REALLY hard for me to let go of my somewhat snobby comic book universe opinions when walking into a movie but in most instances it prevents my angry rants that annoy my husband to no end. lol

-Diana

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Wonder Woman has 95% fresh rating at rotten tomatoes...it's a guaranteed awesome movie...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Harley Quinn...and to a lesser extent, el Diablo...were the best thing about Suicide Squad.

The Joker was horrifically terrible...worst Joker EVER...
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I am looking forward to it. I have high hopes Joss will get it on track

Comment

• Apositive
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 3, 2011

I'm looking forward to it. Wonder Woman and Aquaman, too.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

Excited for Wonder Woman. Skeptical about Justice Lesgue, but hopeful.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

With the sheer amount of brute force that Diana wields as well as being a basic daughter of Zeus, I'm thinking that WW will largely be fulfilling Superman's role in JL until such a time as the Kryptonian is resurrected. Provided her solo movie does as well at the box office as I'm hoping it will do, who knows, Whedon may even add in MORE WW....
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                          Harley Quinn...and to a lesser extent, el Diablo...were the best thing about Suicide Squad.

The Joker was horrifically terrible...worst Joker EVER...
                          Is Leto officially out as the Joker yet? There were rumors...
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Is Leto officially out as the Joker yet? There were rumors...
                            I hope not... "changing actors" is always a minus in these scenarios (although any positives may admittedly balance that minus out)...

IMHO (after viewing unreleased footage and combing BTS material), Leto's interpretation was just as valid as any of the others in the past, yet couldn't have it's integrity on display because his part was mostly left on the cutting room floor of that SS debacle.

The only good reason to oust him now is the bad taste left in mouths of audiences...but that "bad taste" is one of many other factors, none of them being impressions of (again, due to being shortchanged) Leto's actual performance.

Give Leto any kind of reasonably intact context... then Leto's performance can be judged with legitimacy.

Although even then, admittedly, you still may not like it.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

After his Oscar win, Leto was viewed as a blue chip Hollywood talent. His Joker was supposed to be the draw to see "Suicide Squad"... since most of the public had never heard of these characters.

The fact that so much of his performance ended up on the cutting room floor is telling in and of itself.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎