X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

Recent relaunch of Captain Action

Anyone collect the 2011 reissue of CA and the Marvel uniforms? Getting some good deals on Ebay lately and have started collecting.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I had started buying them as they came out but quickly lost interest due to the long delays between releases. probably why the line died too. I got Spidey, Cap, Thor and Loki. Several Capt. Action and maybe two Dr Evil
    Last edited by Nostalgiabuff; Jun 9, '17, 9:08 PM.

Comment

• DavidCoppola
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 3, 2009

I still have to get the basic Captain Action and Captain America. The rest I have coming already.

Comment

• DavidCoppola
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

Curious, will the newer outfits fit on an older version of CA? The newer one seems bigger.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
          Curious, will the newer outfits fit on an older version of CA? The newer one seems bigger.
          Depends on your definition of "fit". Costumes might be okay, but head gear is gonna be pretty huge

They were fun figures, had some good releases but the line seem plagued with bizarre issues. Not the least of which was some ill-fitting costumes at times. They did far too many variant releases with 2 or 3 versions of Captain America, Thor, etc instead of new characters. They finally announced DC stuff, including Batman, which would have been a cash cow, but then never released it after teasing it for a year. They mocked up a Rocketeer, then "accidentally" leaked it, including pre-orders, and then that got axed because they didn't have the license nailed down yet.

They hyped up a CA Ultraman costume, pushing it in a ton of US media, only for it to be a very expensive Medicom Japan only release.

It was all very strange.

The guys who run CA are nice enough, but I always feel like they can never quite nail down a vision for Captain Action or a gameplan for him, so get tons of starts and stops and random CA tie-ins.

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

my problems included all of what is said here but the bodies were HORRIBLE! Couldn't hold a pose much less stand. I sold all of mine a few years back
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I have my newer outfits on Playing Mantis bodies.

I only got Cap and Spidey, but I was tempted by the rest. But the warning signs sent me away.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎