Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WONDER WOMAN garnering positive reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    maybe the Greek Gods can fix the Joker!!
    And if they could?

Does that mean they could fix Superman III?

"No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Superman III is a comic book masterpiece compared to BvS. Despite Richard Pryor's unfunny antics, at least the story makes consistent sense within itself. Plus, Christopher Reeve's presence and Annette O'Toole make it infinitely more rewatchable...at least their parts, anyway.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Superman 3 at least has a non tortured Superman who looks like he enjoys helping people. Caville has the same look on his face as my kids when I ask them to pull weeds in the side yard.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          Superman 3 at least has a non tortured Superman who looks like he enjoys helping people. Caville has the same look on his face as my kids when I ask them to pull weeds in the side yard.
          That made me "laugh out loud" or "lol" (as the kids...and many adults...say).

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Superman III is a comic book masterpiece compared to BvS. Despite Richard Pryor's unfunny antics, at least the story makes consistent sense within itself. Plus, Christopher Reeve's presence and Annette O'Toole make it infinitely more rewatchable...at least their parts, anyway.

Chris
          Didn't mean to derail the thread. Just a joke between T-bolt and I. That, admittedly, you having been here as long as you have, are likely quite aware of

I suppose T-bolt's jab-reference to the Joker was within bounds in the context of Joker being a DCEU misstep of sorts.

So, I'll bring it back that direction by saying that I believe Luthor's DCEU outing deserves a lot more tweaking than Joker's. I mean, heck, Joker wasn't even in the SS movie "proper".

Forget about Disney, I mean, even in the context of hedrap tweaking Joker vs. Luthor, I'm assuming he'd agree that Luthor is much in worse shape currently.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^I'd take Robert Vaughn's "Ross the Boss" as Lex over Eisenberg anyday. And as much as I disliked Leto's "Poochie-like" Joker (he's so COOL!), I'd take a whole movie with him as the main villain over having to suffer through Eisenberg's twitchy non-Lex in blink and you'll miss it cameo.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
              I concur.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by huedell
                Forget about Disney, I mean, even in the context of hedrap tweaking Joker vs. Luthor, I'm assuming he'd agree that Luthor is much in worse shape currently.
                There were at least a dozen general audience friends that told me they were expecting Eisenberg to become Joker by the end.

but...Eisenberg Luthor mentions his dad in one scene, in a past tense. It's left to the audience to infer he's dead. What if he's not? Then an accurate comic Lex, could be movieverse Lionel.

In the early drafts, Lex teams with Riddler. At some point, Snyder merged the two. The character traits are there to take a discredited, biologically disowned Eisenberg Lex and flip him into Riddler.

As for Joker, Matt Reeves tossed Affleck's Batman script, and after War POTA opens, plus the ATT/Time-Warner merger, I'd think he's going to be able to discard Leto if he wants. The problem is Leto made himself into the next Sean Penn, where studios and directors beg for him to sign on, just to gloat they got him.

There's a real chance Reeves will want to mo-cap his Joker. It's a surefire way to stop Ledger/Nicholson comparisons. Imagine an Arkham Asylum Joker via POTA Caesar mo-cap. That's like Batman as a Saw movie.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ SO would that open the door for Andy Serkis to play the Joker?

He actually wouldn't need a lot of motion capture, a shave, some white face, green hair dye and his Gollum voice at a little lower octave would work pretty well.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Please, no Mo-Cap Joker. I only want Mo-Cap if the character is too big or too small for someone to pull it off believably in a suit. And even then, sometimes the suit is better.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Diana in a cool JL team poster:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        Diana in a cool JL team poster:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, that Flash just sucks. Terrible design.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^ It does, esp. when we can see better on TV each week.

Is Bats blue this go-around? If so, that's neat.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

The continuing reign of Wonder Woman....

Wonder Woman is the No. 1 film of the summer, but that’s not all it is. It’s now the third-highest-grossing Warner Bros. release ever (after The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises), the seventh-highest-grossing superhero movie ever, and the highest-grossing film of all time by a female director (congrats, Patty Jenkins). The film opened on June 2 and was still tallying million-dollar weekends at the end of August; as of today, the mighty Amazon’s origin story has earned $406.8 mil domestically. Additional $400 mil in the foreign market. Worldwide total: $807,449,021...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

it is all well earned praise and revenue Hector, the movie was really well done

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎