Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WONDER WOMAN garnering positive reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Im sitting in the movie theater, im sitting in the movie theater!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I haven't enjoyed a Superhero film this much since the first Captain America film.

It moved along nicely, the leads are excellent and they nailed Wonder Woman, I absolutely loved it.

I found Gadot wooden in BVS but I see now that's the director, not the actor.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
        Gadot pulls off the role beautifully, in my opinion, both in terms of her acting and her physical compatibility for the role.
        There are sequences where she's adorable and cute, then elegant and beautiful, and then when she cuts loose and becomes the total bad arse warrior princess... well, it was so impressive it gave me shivers.
        As for her physical build... in my opinion it's pretty close to perfect for the role. She's athletic without being overly muscular and she's suitably lithe & lissome.
        What he said.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

I loved it. It's tonally perfect. Gadot is tremendous and quite frankly, just drop dead beautiful. I really enjoyed Chris Pine, as well. He is very charming and esrnedt.
          I enjoyed it right from start to finish. Really satisfying, a great blend of humor, action, character, and heart.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Oh my dear god...I loved this movie...people applauded at the end.

Whomever casted Gal Gadot deserves a first class trip to Mt Olympus...man...she's was simply pure perfection.

Chris Pine's Trevor was great too...perfect compliment to Wonder Woman.

Watch out, Marvel...DC Universe FINALLY has a real winner here...

Gal Gadot...I love you!

sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
              Oh my dear god...I loved this movie...people applauded at the end.

Whomever casted Gal Gadot deserves a first class trip to Mt Olympus...man...she's was simply pure perfection.

Chris Pine's Trevor was great too...perfect compliment to Wonder Woman.

Watch out, Marvel...DC Universe FINALLY has a real winner here...

Gal Gadot...I love you!

I loved WW too, but I don't think Marvel's shaking in their boots just YET.

DC is still about 20+ movies behind...let's see if they can repeat this success.

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

Just saw it. Thumbs up!
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                  Gadot pulls off the role beautifully, in my opinion, both in terms of her acting and her physical compatibility for the role.
                  There are sequences where she's adorable and cute, then elegant and beautiful, and then when she cuts loose and becomes the total bad arse warrior princess... well, it was so impressive it gave me shivers.
                  As for her physical build... in my opinion it's pretty close to perfect for the role. She's athletic without being overly muscular and she's suitably lithe & lissome.
                  You hit the nail on the head with a jackhammer...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I'm gonna sell off my entire Superman collection...and start a Wonder Woman one...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Patty Jenkins...you are an awesome director...

sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 22, 2009

It was worth seeing it in 3D (ugh! That scene with Antiope's 3 arrows !!). I lost 2 nights sleep over the excitement before going. I still haven't been able to sleep well since: So great!!! Can't stop talking about it with everyone in my life, even at work. I loved it when Grace Randolph compared her to Indiana Jones; & when Kevin Smith said Cheetah would be a good choice for the sequel.
                        Last edited by comicmike; Jun 4, '17, 6:14 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't enjoyed a Superhero film this much since the first Captain America film.
                          It had a similar feel to that movie (which is only appropriate) and Cindy was in the same enthusiastic, blissful state I was walking out of First Avenger. I really enjoyed it, she flat out LOVED IT!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Projected opening domestic box office numbers were at $65 million, well, Wonder Woman far exceeded expectations...it made $100 million...

Damn straight!

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                                Projected opening domestic box office numbers were at $65 million, well, Wonder Woman far exceeded expectations...it made $100 million...

Damn straight!

NEVER underestimate the power of an Amazon, especially one who's the daughter of Zeus! LOL!

Hoping that the suits at WB see what's actually working and incorporate those elements into future films. Time to bring Superman back as the beacon of hope that he's meant to be!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again; if WB were smart, they'd scrap the whole JL movie, use it as a tax write off and allow WONDER WOMAN to basically be the launching point of the DCEU. Yeah, it would likely push the DCEU back 12 to 18 months, but IF it would mean they could craft quality films that generate the buzz of WW, wouldn't it be worth it?
                                Last edited by emeraldknight47; Jun 5, '17, 12:42 AM.
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎