Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WONDER WOMAN garnering positive reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, I also enjoyed it immensely.
    Gal Gadot is awesome.
    The movie unfolds at a fairly leisurely pace, but it doesn't suffer for it.
    There are some jaw dropping action sequences of WW in action. Spectacular.
    Nothing after the credits.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Hoping to see it over the weekend!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'm so envious and hate you all at the same time...

sigpic

Comment

• jimbutsu
          Memory *is* RAM!
          • Apr 11, 2002

Hate me too, Hec - I went last night as well.

One thing I had a weird beef with - Gal Gadot is very *cute*... like she has a softness that Wonder Woman shouldn't have. Kind of the opposite of what I didn't like about Cavill as Superman being so angular when the softness should be there. Don't get me wrong, it is a minor nit and she did a great job, but they didn't style her properly to be pretty and rugged at the same time.

Good example of being masculine and still having that softness - Christopher Reeve.
          Good example of being striking but having a steeliness - Linda Carter.
          "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by jimbutsu
            Hate me too, Hec - I went last night as well.

One thing I had a weird beef with - Gal Gadot is very *cute*... like she has a softness that Wonder Woman shouldn't have. Kind of the opposite of what I didn't like about Cavill as Superman being so angular when the softness should be there. Don't get me wrong, it is a minor nit and she did a great job, but they didn't style her properly to be pretty and rugged at the same time.

Good example of being masculine and still having that softness - Christopher Reeve.
            Good example of being striking but having a steeliness - Linda Carter.
            Cute, soft, unrugged----doesn't matter, Gal Gadot could STILL kick my arse. And I'd be glad to let her!
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Steeliness is the last thing that comes to my mind when I think of Lynda Carter, considering she was actually a tad smaller than Gal Gadot...except in the boobs department...

Gal Gadot, 5' 10"...128 pounds (that's before adding a bit more muscle for the role)

Lynda Carter, 5' 9"...122 pounds

Gal Gadot served two years in the Israeli military as a fitness trainer from ages 18 to 20.

Lynda Carter was a beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss World America 1972.

Both are very similarly built anyway, again, except in the "you know where" department...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                Cute, soft, unrugged----doesn't matter, Gal Gadot could STILL kick my arse. And I'd be glad to let her!

Also, I don't want a She-Hulk either...Gadot is just fine.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Well, what do you know, Gal Gadot was crowned Miss Israel at the age of 18 and went on to compete in the Miss Universe pageant on June 1, 2004...

Flipping through photo memories of the 'Wonder Woman' star, from her time as Miss Israel to premieres with 'Fast and Furious' crew to joining DC universe

Gadot and Carter...basically sisters from different mothers...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

This is just too awesome...

sigpic

Comment

• jimbutsu
                      Memory *is* RAM!
                      • Apr 11, 2002

I didn't mean steeliness in build - I meant it entirely in the face/demeanor. Look at the side by side that you have up and it's a perfect illustration of what I mean. Again, relatively minor nit and it may have more to do with styling than anything else.
                      "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Gadot pulls off the role beautifully, in my opinion, both in terms of her acting and her physical compatibility for the role.
                        There are sequences where she's adorable and cute, then elegant and beautiful, and then when she cuts loose and becomes the total bad arse warrior princess... well, it was so impressive it gave me shivers.
                        As for her physical build... in my opinion it's pretty close to perfect for the role. She's athletic without being overly muscular and she's suitably lithe & lissome.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Please tell me she's using her lasso well, I don't want 120 minutes of Sif. But I'm so excited to go see it!!
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Saw it last night, and I agree with Bruce Banner above whole-heartedly. Gadot is strong, vulnerable, sexy, cute, fierce, virtuous...she's all those things in this film, and she pulls them all off magnificently.

Wonder Woman is actually a very complicated character really. DC has struggled with what to do with her for YEARS. The fact that she was able to synthesize all of those elements in her performance was no small feat.

And like Chris Reeve, Chris Evans and yes of course Lynda Carter before her, she was able to portray a truly GOOD character with a never-wavering sense of sincerity. You bought every thing Diana said.

Great movie. Go see it!!!

Chris

P.S. Love those pics of Gadot and Carter. Awesome.
                            sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

She's a good studio choice as it could have been much worse. I mean, they begged Jolie for years. ugh. That's as bad as Spidey Leo.

But I know what Jimbutsu is getting at. My kid has built a WW shrine since I've been at the Museum and while her and her friends like Gadot, they've said she's not athletic looking enough. Like they don't expect that look from Batgirl, but they do from WW.

For example, the pr is Gal put on 17lbs of muscle. She can't change her height, so we know Gadot and Ric Flair's daughter Ashley are both 5'10. 17lbs would make her identical to Charlotte at 5'10/145. Side by side, you can see there's no way.

While Gal swapped her model lithe build for a fitness one and looks healthy, WW is built like, well, an Olympian. This is the exact same problem the Rock faced when he first started acting. Go look at him in Southland Tales when he caved to the studio pressure. He admits that almost ended his career, so he put the size back on. If not for the Rock, you wouldn't have Bale, Affleck, Cavill, etc...living in a gym to take these roles on.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Im standing in line at the movie theater right now...right now...its super packed...i cannot wait!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎