Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WONDER WOMAN garnering positive reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

She rules!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Man, that Flash just sucks. Terrible design.
      Flash? What Flash?

I only see Wonder Woman on that poster...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
        The continuing reign of Wonder Woman....

Wonder Woman is the No. 1 film of the summer, but that’s not all it is. It’s now the third-highest-grossing Warner Bros. release ever (after The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises), the seventh-highest-grossing superhero movie ever, and the highest-grossing film of all time by a female director (congrats, Patty Jenkins). The film opened on June 2 and was still tallying million-dollar weekends at the end of August; as of today, the mighty Amazon’s origin story has earned $406.8 mil domestically. Additional $400 mil in the foreign market. Worldwide total: $807,449,021...

All Hail the Reigning Queen of Superhero Box Office! After having FINALLY seen it, I can only say, IMHO, it deserves all the bank and accolades it's receiving! Yes, GG is definitely MY new silver screen crush after winning my heart over actually more as Diana than as WW. Her Diana definitely shares some screen DNA with Christopher Reeves' Clark Kent. Hoping she can overcome a last hurdle and overtake "The Hungry Games."

PS: I actually enjoyed WW more than TDKR and at least on a par level with TDK and most of the MCU films.
        Last edited by emeraldknight47; Sep 3, '17, 1:27 AM. Reason: Additional text...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Holy Crap!!! She really IS a Wonder Woman!!! Not only did she pass "The Hungry Games," she also leapfrogged over "Captain America: Civil War" and now she has one of Hector's "favorite" movies in her sights, "Iron Man 3." Go, go, go WW!!!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

It boggles my mind how much money the horrible Iron Man 3 did...it was as bad as the new Power Rangers movie...no wait...Power Rangers was better...
            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

IM3 rode the waved of success from the first Avengers movie. but yeah, it sucked

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

>>BOOM<<

Diana Prince just handed Tony Stark his arse as WW passed IM3 on the domestic all-time box office chart! Great job Patty and Gal!

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Putting WW in perspective

It past Spider-Man '02 domestic box office for solo/first films. That's a 15 y/o record.

WW is 5th, only behind TDK/Rises and Avengers/Ultron for domestic superhero returns.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

WW was graded on curve but it still was best DCU film so far. On par with Batman Begins and Watchmen. Not quite as good as The Dark Knight.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎