• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Hulk v Flash Gordon - Fight!

Does this count as a crossover?

Actors Sam J Jones and Lou Ferrigno clashed at ComiCon event in London's Excel Centre while they were signing autographs, with fans forced to intervene and tell them to 'grow up'.

Fans were forced to separate a fight between Flash Gordon and the Incredible Hulk after the giant actors clashed at London's Comic Con.

Sam J Jones, who played Flash in the 1980 film, and Lou Ferrigno, famous for his role as Hulk in the 1970s TV series, got into a blazing row while signing autographs and posing for photos.

It is not clear why the pair were arguing, but it took a comic-lover to intervene and tell the actors to 'act like adults and grow up'.
    Sam J Jones, who played Flash in the 1980 film, and Lou Ferrigno, famous for his role as Hulk in the 1970s TV series, got into a blazing row while signing autographs and posing for photos

Sam J Jones, who played Flash in the 1980 film, and Lou Ferrigno, famous for his role as Hulk in the 1970s TV series, got into a blazing row while signing autographs and posing for photos

Ferrigno, 6ft 5in, was heard accusing, Jones, 6ft 3in, of provoking him during the set-to at the Excel Centre event.

Comic-lover Darryn, 25, from Chelmsford in Essex, told the Sun: 'Lou was just saying ''You're winding me up''. There was a lot of finger-jabbing and it was getting pretty nasty.'
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Man, Sam Jones is ripped too...he's as big as Ferrigno...
    Last edited by Hector; May 29, '17, 7:39 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

This is the best link...El Diablo was the true hero...lots of great pictures...

FLASH Gordon and the Incredible Hulk were separated by a fan during a blazing row at a comic book convention. Actors Sam J Jones, who played Flash Gordon in the 1980 film, and 1970s TV Hulk Lou Fer…

sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Flash clearly mistook Lou for Ming
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

That's not so mismatched, Jones can take care of himself. He was a bodyguard for a while and rumour has it he and Jocko got into it on the set of "The Highwayman" and Jones was the victor.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Yup, I saw Jones last weekend and he is pretty jacked. He was a marine before he got the role of Flash, and after Flash, worked security. They really need to set aside their differences, team up, and fight Ming.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

This link shows a few seconds of video...

It was a real-life battle of the superheroes at a comic fest over the weekend — when Hulk actor Lou Ferrigno got into a brawl with “Flash Gordon” star Sam Jones, and fans had to jump in…
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Jones worked security for world dignitaries, so he's definitely no cream-puff. Lou may be bigger, but I'd bet money Sam is the better fighter.

CHris
                sigpic

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 14, 2012

Sam Jones is calling B.S. on this one...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...don-comic-con/

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

What's the deal with security asking a patron to help step in? and if they were (really) arguing in front of fans, then that's pretty pathetic and childish. Listen Sam don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Comment

• Apositive
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 3, 2011

Made the mistake of repeating this news.....sorry, people

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

doesn't surprise me in the least ,the sense of jealousy and bitterness displayed by some of the
                        "talent "towards each other is in plain view at most of these events

lou in particularly is getting a poor reputation with organisers and fans in the uk

seems the guy is rightly or wrongly ****ed off at folks getting rich on his signature ,at the recent wales comic con in wrexham ,he was hustling a dealer i know who was conducting a private signing with darth vader himself dave prowse , into doing a private signing with him ,lou failed to accept that the demand wasn't there comparative with darth and took the hump when the dealer pointed it out and declined the offer of a private session with lou ,but lou saw the £5000 change hands and the bitterness set in i guess

for the rest of the day ,in spite of being advertized as £30 per signature on his booth ,lou played appraiser of the potential value of the items he was going to sign ,8x 10 pictures £30, anything else well that was up to lou

a pal of mine took a hulk statue to be signed and when lou saw it was signed by stan lee he said he wanted £100 to sign it as it would be"worth a fortune when stan dies "

which may or not be true ,but well not nice to say or think when folks have come out lugged sometimes heavy and fragile stuff and are willing to pay you for a signature on it to have the price jacked up like that whatever the justification ,

not sure if this was the start of lous new price structure but i believe its now standard practice for him ,much to the dismay of event organisers ,
                        so this story probably bore out of frustration and bitterness doesn't seem unexpected

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

This story seems to be a lot of BS, more smoke than fire, but if anything it sounds like Lou was being a dick again. Supposedly he can be a nice guy, but he's generally a jerk at these conventions.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎