X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Dark Shadows Collection One

My nearby Target has had a big stash of these Dark Shadows DVDs originally at $31.19. I've never watched the show but finally bought myself a set on the cheap. Is there any interest on the board if I were to buy the 15 or so on the shelf and flip them at, say, $5 each, plus shipping? Right now, I won't say I don't offer shipping outside the U.S. but please understand how inconvenient it is to go to the post office and fill out extra paperwork, stand in long lines, and often collect a shipping quote only to sometimes have a buyer back out afterward.

When I used to sell on eBay before and during Y2K I stopped shipping outside the U.S. after I sold 3 A.D. Vision Dirty Pair (I think) anime on VHS tapes to a fella overseas who sent me $60 cash but then had Customs return the tapes back to me 6 months later. Even after I took pictures of the Customs' markings on the return label on the bubble mailer the buyer still didn't believe me and insisted I re-ship on my dime. I really don't want the headache of filling out fun, international claims reports like I did in the past, or worse, getting a bad rap for something out of my control.
    unnamed2.jpg
    Last edited by jacoblb; May 30, '17, 2:31 PM.
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I would be interested. Just PM me if you decide to offer this.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

Great! Okay, there's one set claimed. I haven't yet gone back to Target yet to buy more. I know there will be one less because the Target clerk was delighted at the find and she wanted to get one as well since she was a fan.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Okay, I picked up 19 of these. I listed them at eBay's sister site Half.com
        http://product.half.ebay.com/Dark-Sh...424509&tg=info
        If you are unable to purchase there I will work with you here.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i never watched the show, but how is collection 1 episodes 210-250?

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            i never watched the show, but how is collection 1 episodes 210-250?
            When MPI started releasing the series on VHS in '89, they started with the episodes that initiated the Barnabas Collins story line. The same goes for the DVD collections when they started releasing them in '02.

If I remember correctly, when releasing the VHS collection, the first 209 episodes had never even been released in syndication. When it came time to release the series on DVD, even though the Sci-Fi channel had acquired the syndication rights for the entire series and had already aired the first 209 episodes for the first time since '66/67, MPI did not think there would be much of a market for the early story lines. (During it's original run, the series had low ratings and was in jeopardy of being cancelled until the introduction of Barnabas, which brought in a significant increase in ratings).

The first 209 episodes were finally released by MPI on DVD in '07 (which included a total of six separate collections, under the title Dark Shadows: The Beginning).

Hope this helps clarify.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

Ok, I think I got one through the site.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Hugh, you're taken care off. I shipped the next day from when you purchased. Tracking info should have been sent along to you via the website.

Folks, I'm sorry, I cannot answer any questions about the show, I still haven't opened and watched my copy yet. I appreciate DS chiming in with the facts. I too thought it was weird how a first collection disc contained episodes hundreds of episodes in.

I've a few PMs to answer about this thread, but for anyone thinking I price gouged because I over shared the price I paid, please be aware Half.com/eBay will take a commission of the sale.
                Shipping-wise it looks like $2.99 is what the site charges for media mail so that's what I'd charge. Yes, the shipping will be a little less than that, but the tiny difference goes toward my supplying whatever packing material I have around or will need to purchase and supply.

Best,
                Jacob

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

okay, I ordered one. never watched it but have always heard good things about it and at that price, it's worth a shot. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎