X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Painting FTC and Cast-A-Way Boots

Hey, folks! Need some advice for a couple of modern Action Jackson projects.

I'm looking to customize a couple of pairs of the FTC old school Gold Boots, as well as a pair of the Cast-A-Way snap on Black Combat Boots for their Type S bodies. I'm planning on using an acrylic spray paint (matte White color), but I need to know which brand will stick best without chipping or rubbing off. Should I use a primer first? How about a clear coat afterwards? Or does anyone know of an all-in-one paint that will do the job?

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks in advance!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."
  • William Vafai
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 14, 2017

try sanding the boots. get the shine off the entire boot then paint and clear coat it

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Cast-A-Way’s snap-on boots are most likely made of vinyl, so you can use Rustoleum’s white vinyl spray paint on them.
      I just dipped one of those snap-on boots in hot water and it got soft and then cooled and hardened back up. So I’m pretty certain it’s vinyl. The white vinyl spray paint would be permanent on those boots.

Not sure what to do with CTVTs gold boots. I have painted over Doc Megos boots before with acrylic brush paint, then brushed polyurethane clear over them. Don’t know the longevity of it though.
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

Originally posted by BATMAN89
        Cast-A-Way’s snap-on boots are most likely made of vinyl, so you can use Rustoleum’s white vinyl spray paint on them.
        I just dipped one of those snap-on boots in hot water and it got soft and then cooled and hardened back up. So I’m pretty certain it’s vinyl. The white vinyl spray paint would be permanent on those boots.

Not sure what to do with CTVTs gold boots. I have painted over Doc Megos boots before with acrylic brush paint, then brushed polyurethane clear over them. Don’t know the longevity of it though.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎