Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234712172227 ... LastLast

Thread: Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    The ad they had tonight says that John Favreau is also involved. Not sure if it's entirely true.
    Favreau directed and exec. produced one of the eps. Star Trek alums Brannon Braga, Jonathon Frakes, and Robert Duncan McNeill also directed episodes. Braga has a producer credit for the whole season.

http://trekmovie.com/2017/07/08/bran...ails-and-more/
    Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Aug 2, '17 at 1:40 PM.

I'm really looking forward to this series!

Images
    I won't be watching Star Trek: Discovery...but I will be checking this show out. Totally Galaxy Quest vibe and that's a good thing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    I won't be watching Star Trek: Discovery...but I will be checking this show out. ...........
    Same here and there's a lot of people who feel the same way.

To be honest I hope Discovery crashes and burns from the start just to spite CBS for not going the classic familiar route (which would have been an easy win)
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

To be honest I hope Discovery crashes and burns from the start just to spite CBS for not going the classic familiar route (which would have been an easy win)

Exactly Mikey! How hard would it have been to do a "Classic" Star Trek show set before Kirk's time? EASY! I even have a name for it... STAR TREK: CAPTAIN PIKE!

I hope Discovery goes down like The Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

I found that the problem here is it's not CBS making it, it's Paramount. That's why it CAN'T look like the original series. They don't have the rights to use anything resembling the original show. That's why everything looks different. CBS needs to make a new series taking place in the same time as the original series, but on a different ship. That way they could write stories that intertwine with the original series stories. That would be very cool!

CBS owns the rights to the television series', Paramount owns the rights to the movies. Since the first movie had a totally different look, Paramount can't make anything that looks like the TV show. The combined look of the two original phaser styles is probably as close as anything will come to the original series style. I want it to fail so CBS can do what the fans want and make something in the original series timeline.
    At least there are two more episodes of "Continues" left!!

The Orville starts on September 10th!! It's going to be awesome. I'm expecting it to be even better than Galaxy Quest.

Images
    And here's my pic for Captain Pike...Paul Wesley. He's about 34/35...the same age Shatner was when he started playing Kirk.

I loath Seth MacFarlane, or at least his cartoon ventures, but I suppose I wasn't big on Tim Allen, and Galaxy Quest was the whip, so...
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!