X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

A nod to Aliens as well...

They're able to enter the shuttlebay and pressurize it before cautiously wandering through the dark, damaged corridors of the Orville.

At this point we hear another obvious musical nod, this time to the movie "Aliens," as a parallel is clearly being drawn to the tentative initial search of the deserted colony complex on LV-426 in that movie.

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

The robot race have a very modern era Cyberman vibe and them all being in one "collective" is an absolute nod to the Borg.

For Dr Who fans, when the robots are just flying heads they remind me of the Troclafane.

Still loving the show bigtime !!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

great episode. was that the season finale? I hope it gets renewed for S3, they just keep getting better and better. Adrianne Palicki is so damn smoking hot too

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          Adrianne Palicki is so damn smoking hot too
          She’s gorgeous.

You know who her real life boyfriend is?

Yup!

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

go Scotty!! lucky *******

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished The Orville Season Finale. Just. Wow! This show goes places and does things that TREK, back in it’s heyday, only dreamt of!

All that work and life-risking for—-a Twinkie?!? Classic, but oh-so HUMAN, as well! I think that’s part of what makes THE ORVILLE succeed; it’s STAR TREK, but it’s characters are still in touch with their total humanity, good and bad, and The Union has proven itself to be imperfect on many occasions, whereas The Federation seems like it’s the very pinnacle of human/alien cooperation.

On THE ORVILLE, not everyone gets along, which is much how it likely would be. Just because we, as a human race, made first contact with, in the case of TREK, Vulcans, is that going to just automatically make us all happy, shiny people who are all going to get along with one another? Probably not.

The human species has it’s ugly sides, it’s warts, it’s bad habits—-but those are ALL a part of what makes us human. Seth MacFarlane and THE ORVILLE haven’t forgotten that and THAT’S part of what makes the show SO damn appealing.

Of course, having an evidently high budget for visual effects helps, too. There were several sequences in the finale I would’ve loved seeing on an IMAX screen: the chase through the asteroid field and the pursuit on the moon, the ascension of The Orville herself from the depths of the Pacific Ocean——spectacular!! I was not a fan of the ship’s design at first, but now I love it’s sweeping lines and graceful curves; it almost looks like an aquatic life form.

Here’s hoping we’ll get a Season Three!!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

Some bloopers and silliness (and naughty language)

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Very good points, emeraldknight47.

Wonderful things in that show.

On Star Trek, humans mostly get along, but Starship crews often think that no one else in the galaxy knows what they are doing.

Aside from when that one guy had to replace Picard as Captain of the Enterprise.

The 24th Century crews do act superior at times, but it was a near Utopia on Earth.

It's good The Orville reveals human nature more than TNG.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Renewed for Season 3.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Makernaut
                        Thanks for posting this. I literally "woohoo"ed when I read this, almost waking half the house!

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Hell yeah!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Great news on a third season of THE ORVILLE!! Can’t wait to see what surprises and laughs are in store!!
                            Last edited by emeraldknight47; May 13, '19, 9:06 PM.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by sprytel
                              Thanks for posting this. I literally "woohoo"ed when I read this, almost waking half the house!
                              As soon as I stumbled onto the article, I posted the link because I knew there's a pretty loyal community of watchers on this board that were going to be happy.

I can't find anything definitive about whether it will start up in the Fall of this year or be a Mid-season start like it was for Season 2. All the opinions I see seem to lean toward mid-season and I'm okay with that, if they need the time to make it as polished as Season 2 seemed to be.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 23, 2013

The Orville really grew on me. I will be looking forward to Season 3 as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎