Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I hope that it gets a second season; it's a great show and only getting stronger as it goes. On the other hand, it IS on Fox, the same network that foolishly cancelled Firefly after only 13 episodes...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

^True. How many of their animated shows did they cancel only to bring them back after the great ratings they got when Adult Swim ran reruns?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        I hope that it gets a second season; it's a great show and only getting stronger as it goes. On the other hand, it IS on Fox, the same network that foolishly cancelled Firefly after only 13 episodes...
        As well as Space: Above & Beyond, which was excellent..

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

‘The Orville’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox: http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-orvi...ne-1202200369/
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Great to hear!
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Good news, I really enjoy the show.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by pmwasson
                ‘The Orville’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox: http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-orvi...ne-1202200369/
                Yes!!!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i am enjoying the show, but the way most of the characters are portrayed as complete morons kind of throws everything off. I mean they would not be able to get to the positions they are in by being such unprofessional goofballs. the jokes with it are starting to fall flat for me

also, they can regrow legs but they can't cosmetically alter a crew member to look like a local on a new planet?

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    i am enjoying the show, but the way most of the characters are portrayed as complete morons kind of throws everything off. I mean they would not be able to get to the positions they are in by being such unprofessional goofballs.
                    It's essentially supposed to be Star Trek TNG, with the crew being your immature buddies and girlfriends that you drink and BBQ with this weekend. Just go with it.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Hearing it's been renewed for a second season is the best news I've heard all day! Looking forward to the continuing voyages of The Orville...
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

My dream...to show the Orville blasting the Discovery starship into smithereens, lol...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

Renewing The Orville for a second season makes up for FOX cancelling Space Above & Beyond, Firefly, and Almost Human.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched the doctor and her kids episode.

Episode was fine but i'm stunned they had her kill the dude that was holding her hostage --- He seemed like a semi-good sympathetic character.... and on top of that she gives that all lives are precious speech at the end

Weird writing and kinda makes her character look bad

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

It showed how dedicated a mother she was. I loved that choice because it's not comfy and familiar.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

I kinda agree with Mikey...sort of a contradictory result. All life is precious, but kill when you have to, lol.

To me, the doctor was not a very disciplined mother...those kids were little monsters, annoying and obnoxious. It took Isaac to mold them into a proper family.

This was my least favorite episode...can’t hit a homer every time...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎