Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

their toy lines never interested me, except for the Beatles stuff they did. Limited articulation yes, but still really cool. I still have to pick up Ringo and George from the animated series line

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

I don't mind that much of their output are statues instead of toys like their smaller WD figures.... but those statues break real easily and that makes me dislike the company. Hey---if they make a good ST:TNG line, I might bite.

EDITED TO ADD: Ahhh...I forgot about their YELLOW SUBMARINE stuff---I too thought that line was top notch.

Also... they deserve kudos for their MCKENZIE BROS set.... for a fan, that's about as good as it gets.
      Last edited by huedell; May 27, '17, 11:57 AM.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

Thinking back to the 90s, I had many of the Spawn figures and loved the detail, but often disliked the limited articulation. I casually bought some of their Movie Maniacs figures, but many of those fell short in terms of sculpt and probably lack of likeness in some cases. Here we are in 2017 and I think McFarlane waited too long to release their 7inch Walking Dead figures. They have a statue style and look like figures NECA would've made back in 2005. My friend owns a shop which stocks McFarlane and he noted that the 7inch Walking Dead figures have been selling much better in his store compared to the smaller figures from a few years back.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

"Fascinating" as Spock would say.

I liked McFarlane 90s Movie Maniacs wish I had collected them all. Got the KISS figures at an estate sale but FTC KISS Megos are better. My brother-in-law liked the hockey figures NHL and Slap Shot and his wife my sister liked the Austin Powers figures. McFarlane did not do anything with the Simpsons.

I miss Playmates Star Trek which Playmates did everything with like TMNT and the Simpsons.

I do not see how McFarlane can sell mass market $20 Star Trek figures Discovery and previous TV and movies. I would love to be proved wrong.

2017 is also Next Generation 30th anniversary BTW. "Make it so!"

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
            I don't mind that much of their output are statues instead of toys like their smaller WD figures.... but those statues break real easily and that makes me dislike the company. Hey---if they make a good ST:TNG line, I might bite.
            I'm with you on the statue thing, that's what they are to me anyway. That said, unless they're 8" I'm probably not going to buy them...well, maybe the Gorn if the make him.

Waitaminute!!! If they do Chris Pine and the new crew I'll buy those!!
            sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by huedell

EDITED TO ADD: Ahhh...I forgot about their YELLOW SUBMARINE stuff---I too thought that line was top notch.

Also... they deserve kudos for their MCKENZIE BROS set.... for a fan, that's about as good as it gets.

Love both the Yellow Submarine and the Bob and Doug McKenzie set. Both really fun. I have those and a couple of sports figures, but that's it from McFarlane. I'll certainly take a look at what they do with Trek, but I can't imagine they'll come up with yet another Kirk or Picard I need. I'm already adding figures from Qmx and Mezco, despite having boxes of Playmates Trek I don't even look at. Oh any my Mego and EMCE Trek. Cripes, I need more Trek like I need a hole in the head.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I collect their 10" TWD figures, which are good.
                Used to collect a lot of MCF, they broke like glass.
                But let's see what they bring to the table.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎