Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I stand by my statement. WW was a great film for THAT character as was Homecoming for Spidey, but Homecoming wins because WW's ending is just...well, big blue ray. It's not bad, it's just cookie cutter Hollywood action movie ending. Homecoming actually bucks a few of those trends in it's wrap-up.

I still enjoyed WW very much. Great movie. And Gadot and Pine were fantastic.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I'm just bustin' on ya, Hector. Take nothing of my jabs at WW with any seriousness. It really is a bit sandbox childish of me to compare the two films, because as Chris said, they are meant to be different. I just happen to be the person who finds more appeal in lighter fare. I admire your passion for what you enjoy, and mean no ill will whatsoever. Just trying to wind you up a bit for a giggle.

You should see Spider-Man because it's a fun time at the flicks, not because of how some guy on the internet compares it to Wonder Woman.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'll go the the theater then...after the weekend.

But it better be as good as you say...or else...I'm taking heads...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I will more than likely enjoy it...as I liked that Spidey in Civil War...he was indeed funny. Dug his costume (especially his animated eyes)...and loved the way he fought and moved. Just like the comics. Holland is the slimmest and smallest of the Spidey actors...he's physically the perfect fit. His Parker is nerdy enough too.

Never been a fan of Tobey Maguire, although his two first Spidey movies were good, but in his third one, I almost wanted Venom to kill Disco-dancing Maguire, lol. I said "almost", because Topher Grace was even lamer than Maguire, lol. Andrew Garfield was a decent-looking Spidey, but his Parker portrayal was abysmal...and his last movie was almost as horrible as Maguire s Spidey 3.

...and Marisa Tomei is the all time hottest Aunt May...a big plus...

sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

The boys and I went today and it was pretty good. The second after credits scene was AWESOME!
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
              For those of you who like to see your titular superhero in costume a LOT during the running time, this one's for you.
              As long as it's an inspired combo of the kind of dialogue and action seen in Civil War, I'm sure its great!

...the connections with the MCU are logical and perfect.
              They better be... RJD being in the movie, and all the logistics of SONY being involved and all..."in a penny, in for a pound"!

Seeing an aged Michael Keaton contrasted with Peter's millennial peers made me feel a little old, but I didn't care.
              No getting around it.... we are not in high-school, and actually some of our contemporaries kids HAVE kids: That said...whenever I see Michael Keaton recently, he seems to be one of those 60-somethings that are proof of "high-energy into old(er) age", and that includes the trailers for Homecoming that I've seen so far. Keaton as Vulture seems like a top-notch choice to me so far.

This was "Spectacular"! I loved it.... Gimme more. Best Spider-Man movie yet.
              Going to see Homecoming ASAP sounds like a good investment to me!
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                As seen above we have different tastes, and so I'm not sure how I'll like it when I see it...
                nice input overall hue. hopefully you'll like it

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                  if I hear another this Spidey is better than WW comment...

It's not.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                    It's not.
                    You, Sir...are on my Christmas list...

sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I've seen it twice already. Once Friday night with the family, and my son and his friends wanted to go today, so I decided to tag along for another showing.

I enjoyed Spiderman 1 and 2, tolerated Spidey 3 and Amazing 1-2, but Homecoming is just a lot of fun to watch and is notches above. Holland really is Spiderman, and the supporting cast adds just the amount of extra story elements but nothing is distracting. I'm a Keaton fan and really enjoyed his scenes a lot. RDJ and the Avengers baggage doesn't pull the story down in my opinion and does add to the storyline.

So much of the story is very grounded, High School stuff, Homecoming Dance, detention etc... Humor is scattered throughout the movie as are Marvel and Spidey Easter Eggs, so my second viewing I caught more.

Great movie, didn't disappoint in the least!
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I'll check it out after the weekend...I'm actually looking forward to it, believe it or not...
                        sigpic

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

The family and I saw it yesterday. We really enjoyed it. As Scott said, stick around for the 2nd end credits scene.
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

I just have one question...are Mary Jane & Gwen Stacy in it?
                            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

I have an even bigger question? Is JJJ in it or even hinted at? A Spidey without JJJ as his foil seems like no fun at all...
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                                I have an even bigger question? Is JJJ in it or even hinted at? A Spidey without JJJ as his foil seems like no fun at all...
                                Agreed!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎