Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Final Trailer and Posters

Final domestic trailer

Final domestic poster

Final international poster

Gotta say, there's absolutely NOTHING redeeming about the final domestic poster. It is WAY too cluttered and busy. The international poster is a bit better, but they are certainly wanting to make sure they kinda cram Shellhead in there wherever they can.

I tried posting the international trailer as well, but alas, I'm only allowed to post one video. I like the international one better simply because it really highlights how badarse Michael Keaton can be as a villain. If they were smarter, they would've just gone ahead and cast him as Norman Osborn instead of The Vulture; a Keaton Green Goblin would likely be simply chilling.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, that US poster looks like Photoshop 101 right there. Seriously, it looks like a fairly talented High School Senior or College Freshmen did that. It's not horribly done, but just a mess of composition.

I don't think I'm going to watch this new trailer. They have shown 75% of this film in the trailers already. Enough's enough! I want to see SOMETHING new in the theater people!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

God, I hate that it has Iron Man on that poster...I now live in an age where a second banana Marvel superhero upstages Marvel's number one superhero...good grief...

Maybe the movie should be called Iron Man 4 then...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Having said that...it looks like Tom Holland nailed the Spidey role...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I just... words fail me on that domestic poster. That.. can't... that can't be real, can it? Have the people that approve advertising really lost their eye for composition? What happens when you go to art school these days? Is there any paint and solvent used?

Good grief. I'm excited for this movie, and pretty much spoiler free, but that poster ain't doing anyone any favors.

Comment

• megowgsh
            Customego HoF Curator
            • Nov 19, 2003

Is anybody else sick and tired of the RDJ Tony Stark? I have never like his version of the character and it seems he is at the point in his career where he plays the same character in every movie he is in.

I don't remember ever feeling like the Tony Stark was a smarmy, jerk in the comics of the '70s. Am I miss-remembering?
            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Austin - I've been griping about RDJ here since IM3/Ultron. Like Depp and Sparrow, Downey has been coasting for years. The problem is he's doing exactly what Marvel/Disney wants and they'll pay him 20+Mil to keep doing it.

The first poster looks like Sony outsourced their marketing dept to Toho.

Wait...why the hell is RDJ on their twice?!?! hahahaha.....

Comment

• Mego Milk
                Custom Mego Maker
                • Jun 3, 2007

wow.

trailers show everything.

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

I think RDJ/Iron Man involvement i suspect was probably a big part of the deal for why Sony played ball with Marvel Studios in the first place. You may be sick to death of seeing him, but RDJ (according to his Marvel box office history) sells tickets at the box office.
                  Also, i really hate those wheels on the Vulture's wings. They are such an eye sore. I wish they hadn't done that. Terrible design.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

^That's pretty close. After ASM2, Sony and Fiege both saw damaged goods. RDJ/MCU overcomes that for the launch.

Try and imagine this film without the MCU connection. I think the general reaction would be "Holy sh... they actually went through with it"

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

I love Spider-Man so much it's not even funny...I literally cried the first time I saw Tobey Maguire on screen...and I have to say, as much as Tom Holland looks great in the role and I love the look of his suit, I cannot STAND all the Stark tech in his costume.

Web shooter combinations?! WTH is that all about? Heads up display in his mask?! Yeah, in the middle of a fight he's going to be looking at digital readouts of his fingertips? It's just so much stupid, overdone CRAP.

I have no problem with them wanting to integrate Spider-Man into the MCU, but this is looking more and more like the Iron Man show guest-starring Spider-Man.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I won't mind changes, as long as it's fun and entertaining. I've long made peace with the fact that we will never get a literal Lee/Ditko adaptation. The fact that MCU Spidey has Romita eyes gets them a major pass for any other transgressions or liberties with the costume.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Sony has made the Spider-Man property a risk thanks to the Garfield reboots, it's no surprise they're using the MCU as a life preserver. Lifelong Spidey fan, haven't seen one in the theater since the third Riami one and i regret that decision.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^The Garfield films are worth it for him and Emma Stone alone. They are great in those movies. Great chemistry too.

In hindsight, they are about the only saving grace for ASM2, which really goes off the rails in a Schumacher-type fashion, and subplots that go nowhere.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              In hindsight, they are about the only saving grace for ASM2, which really goes off the rails in a Schumacher-type fashion, and subplots that go nowhere.
                              Stone is perfect, my wife summed up Garfield with "I'd have had a mad crush on that kid in high school" which is not Peter Parker at all. Also, ASM has a plot lifted from an old Superfriends cartoon, "I'm a monster, I'll turn everyone else into one". After the heights of Riami's second film, it just paled.

I've never finished ASM2, Jamie Fox was just doing Jim Carrey's Riddler, it annoyed me, I turned it off.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎