Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

What a great story!
    The hands that grip.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Cannonball Run appearance summed him up to a tee... just a great movie star. RIP Seymour Goldfarb, Jr.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Sad news indeed, 89 is a good long life, I think he was a good choice for Bond during the 70's kind of fit right in for
        the time, I have all his Bond movies and I'll try to watch them over the memorial weekend, sort of a tribute.

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

That is a terrific story, and very consistent with what I've always heard about the man. I can't see Sean Connery acting in the same manner. Moore really loved the character, and never did the whole "I'd like to move on because ..." stuff that many actors do with the roles that made them famous (See Daniel Craig, an otherwise great Bond).

People in general and famous ones in particular tend to get canonized when they pass away. But every now and then, you hear about someone who really was what what the fans want to believe him or her to be, like Moore, Christopher Reeve or Leonard Nimoy.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

Thank you for posting that story. Wonderful
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

He was the Bond I grew up with. I thought he was funny, charming, and a skilled actor.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Even though Sean Connery is the undisputed definitive Bond, Roger Moore will always be my Bond

RIP

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 12, 2016

It's been awhile since I've watched any of the Roger Moore Bond movies, so I decided this holiday weeked would be a Bond weekend...I only had 1 of his movies on dvd, so I picked up the blu-ray Bond Collection at Best Buy...They price matched what Amazon had it for, so I was satisfied....I also picked up the 1/18 Autoart red Lotus from "For Your Eyes Only" to go with my Bond car collection...

Matt
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎