X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

toycade comics and toys

just a heads up about a recent transaction with these guys ,posting here as well as i know they used to list on here and i bought from them specifically because they were a fellow member on the mego board and others had praised them for their service

sad to say it was not a good transaction
    i bought a gentle giant jumbo super powers figure from them ,when it arrived the outer box was in terrible condition and it had no inner packaging or wrapping to protect or prevent the item from being damaged by sliding around in the box when it arrived which is exactly what has happened to this one ,the clam shell has been scratched and clouded on the surface by rubbing against the rough cardboard of the box ,which is as im sure you know why ftc place a cling material on the clams for transit to prevent this,or a wrap of bubble wrap would have done the same trick

this has reduced the value of the figure to the level of a loose mint figure in damaged packaging to me

,great for a loose collection but not a good carded display piece ,and not for the price i paid for it $152 plus the extra $25 import duty

due to the time and expense spent on this already and the time and expense to return it to them ,i suggested a partial refund would be the best option and that they recover their costs from the postal service that caused the damage by treating this package in such a shoddy manner .

i don't think it unreasonable that i requested that toycade at least refund the postage money to me as the item was badly damaged due to poor handling by the mail service and inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used ,i

i emailed them several times and sent pictures via the mego pm system ,as ebay seem to block pictures .not one reply from them .reluctantly i contacted paypal and on seeing the condition of the box and item they suggested that i requested that toycade refund the postage money to me as the item was badly damaged due to poor handling by the mail service and inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used and that as ive provided them with evidence of the damage that they can use in their claim against the postal service to recover there funds from them

i don't think it unreasonable that i requested that toycade at least refund the postage money to me as i said before the item was badly damaged due to poor handling by the mail service and inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used

again no reply .so i opened a partial refund case for the $62 postage cost and toycade have denied it

paypal have ruled in my favour but the only option they offer is a full refund if i return it at my cost ,so another $62 postage and a loss of $26 import duty to send it back $88
    to get $152 refunded

so i send $88 to get $64 back ,

all this from a fellow member

even if comics and toys refunded the postage id have been paying $90 plus the import duty $26 for what amounts to a loose figure ,but in the interest of settling this quickly and amicably id have lived with it .so sad that this turned out this way and that there is no protection for buyers who incur import charges when it comes to return item for refund cases eg just because somethings wrong with your tax charged item and you have to send it back the government dont care and still keep your money
    sorry to go on but this has destroyed what little faith i had left in a fair and square deal and yeah i admit i did want to vent ,but also warn others
    heres the damaged pictures for any that are interested cheers

[IMG]
    Originally posted by libby 1957dog
    the box and proof of customs examination and charge
    [/IMG]

[IMG][QUOTE=libby 1957dog] no interior protection and packaging scuffed up clam the pictures tell the story [/IMG]
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Really bad handling by the shipping services is mostly to blame, its not really toycades fault it was crushed by a gorilla or whatever happened to it. They should have packed it better inside, but I don't see how it would have survived the poor handling.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

That's a tough situation. I was just telling someone you have to bid less to account for shipping damage. I've gotten burned a few times, it scares me off from buying high end Carded and box megos. Not even once has a seller surprised me with plastic case to insure safe arrival.

On a side note I love Gentle Giants. I picked up a SW Wolverine and would definitely pick up an Aquaman if the line continues. They look massive in person.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Really bad handling by the shipping services is mostly to blame, its not really toycades fault it was crushed by a gorilla or whatever happened to it. They should have packed it better inside, but I don't see how it would have survived the poor handling.
        Toycade is just as much to blame for their lack of protection. I have sent packages that were terribly handled and receive thank you notes because the contents were so well packaged that they survived damaged. The biggest being some Con exclusives I picked up for a friend. He said that the Mailman left it on the steps in a rain storm. It was so bad that the box fell apart in his hands. Yet, nothing inside was damaged.

If you are going to sell items as a business, especially if said items are going international, special care needs to be taken when packing the item. That's on the shipper. Just tossing an expensive item in a box that is too big for it, taping it up and shipping it, is inexcusable by the shipper.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

thanks for the responses guys ,yeah checked the first page of their 3 pages of negative feedback mostly non receipt of item ie not sent ,and poor communication but 3 for badly packed item and no interior packing or protection

but what hurts most is their lack of willingness to help or even respond ,a real sh*t bag move on their part

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
            thanks for the responses guys ,yeah checked the first page of their 3 pages of negative feedback mostly non receipt of item ie not sent ,and poor communication but 3 for badly packed item and no interior packing or protection

but what hurts most is their lack of willingness to help or even respond ,a real sh*t bag move on their part

yeah, that stinks, they could at least take partial blame
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
              Museum Patron
              • Apr 3, 2015

Jeesh, I'll have to make sure I don't order from these guys until they get their act together. Though, with "exclusives" like Vote For Batman, it hasn't been a temptation yet...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

This is a long shot, but you might be able to buff the scratches out with the same automotive product used to cure hazy headlight lenses.

Comment

• TomStrong
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2011

I've ordered from them several times and always had great results. Great prices and great packaging!

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Sad to say this is actually where a good solid attorney would come in handy.

And if you bought from them through ebay, you should be opening the case THROUGH ebay, not paypal.
                    Ebay's Money Back Guarantee Service is built for this.
                    It’s automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases* and there’s no extra fee for coverage. Follow these steps to get your refund.

Higher end items like this I would only trust through REPUTABLE B&M stores, or at the least Amazon, who's AtoZ guarantee would also have covered this.
                    You might have paid more, but peace of mind is worth it, especially in an instance like this.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                      One eyed, wonder
                      • Dec 17, 2009

Why is this on the FTC board?

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

And also on the Auction Watch board:

I guess because, at one time, Toycade was a big retailer of FTC product. They stopped carrying new releases some time ago, however.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

They also use to post here too.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by darkbros
                            Sad to say this is actually where a good solid attorney would come in handy.

And if you bought from them through ebay, you should be opening the case THROUGH ebay, not paypal.
                            Ebay's Money Back Guarantee Service is built for this.
                            It’s automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases* and there’s no extra fee for coverage. Follow these steps to get your refund.

Higher end items like this I would only trust through REPUTABLE B&M stores, or at the least Amazon, who's AtoZ guarantee would also have covered this.
                            You might have paid more, but peace of mind is worth it, especially in an instance like this.
                            thanks mate yeah your right never had a problem with amazon ,probably gonna shift all my buys there in future

as for ebay ,well sadly in my experience all they do is fart around ,waste your time and solve nothing ,paypal aren't much better but at least they have the power and the will to hold the payment back from the seller until its settled but thats about it
                            both have the same problem with overseas call centres ,with staff unfamiliar with the company's procedures that on occasions will promise you the world and flat out lie to you to get you off the phone

spoke to a lovely lady on friday ,promised she would personally take charge and settle this case in 3 days ,spoke to uk resolution centre on saturday ,turns out she had logged it all on my notes but not implemented it

seems the best they both can do is a return item for refund at the buyers cost resolution ,but in a case when import charges have been paid by the seller that's not always practical or fair as in my case it was the seller that ruined my item with the inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                              Why is this on the FTC board?
                              as the guys above have noted ,because of the connection between toycade and ftc and their toycade exclusive figures and with them being members here and their poor treatment of their product packaging and refusal to respond or offer to fix this situation for a fellow board member ,i thought this and the auction section would be the best place to post this ,

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎