Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Three bands from that Seattle Sound that I loved back then and still love now: Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. Never cared for Nirvana at all. So sad that Chris took his own life. Such an incredible voice. 'Black Hole Sun' is one of my all-time favorite songs as is 'Spoon Man'. Also love this one from the opening sequence of the American Version of 'Life On Mars'

RIP Chris

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Sickening news.

Beautiful cover to my favorite Led Zep song.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
        Yeah Trent Reznor must get upset that nobody seems to play his version of hurt.
        I actually read an interview where Reznor says he can't even listen to his own version because he likes Cash's so much more. I personally love them both.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Think my fav Seattle band from that era was Alice in Chains.

Really loved Over Now

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

I was lucky enough to see them in the early 90's, once headlining (in a relatively small venue of aprox 1000 people and then at Lollapalooza and opening for Neil Young (both the last two also had Pearl Jam performing as well) All 3 times were great although I'll admit I moved on to other bands shortly after.
            52 is just waaay too young and hearing it was suicide is pretty heartbreaking. I think theyre saying he might have taken too much anxiety or anti depressants(?) that might have contributed to his mind set.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Saw Soundgarden with...Helmet?...I wanna say '92...club couldn't hold more than 600. IIRC, it closed shortly after because of capacity issues.

His family said he started taking Ativan. That is a dangerous drug and it seems to be pushed hard in the past few years. He was on it as an anti-depressent, but for a certain subset, it actually has a reverse effect and puts them into a psychosis. With his touring lifestyle, he wouldn't recognize the side effects. Very tragic..

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Very sad and shocking to hear, he was a great singer. I was never a huge Soundgarden fan, but enjoyed a lot of his solo work, Temple of the Dog, etc. One weird coincidence, Joy Division singer Ian Curtis hung himself on the exact same date in 1980, on the eve of what would have been their first US tour.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎