Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: STAR TREK: DISCOVERY First Official Trailer

Images
    Here's another thing: Wasn't it announced that Jason Isaacs would be the captain on this show?

And to answer Sideshow Spock: Actually, I remember all those things being brought up as stills and footage came out before TNG premiered. No internet boards back then, but it was in letter pages and discussions at the comic shops and cons. They were crabbing about the potted plants in the corridors and the kids and families stationed on the ship as well.

I don't think anybody expects a show to mimic the exact look of a 60s TV series (except in nostalgia pieces like Trek Continues and Phase II), but for a show supposedly set in the TOS continuity, it so far seems to be putting nearly zero attention or effort to work from the basic design elements beyond "round room with window and workstations = bridge" and "You can tell the crew by the arrowhead thingies on their shirts." On the other hand, as I said, it looks very Abrams-Trek, so I'm not sure why the insistence on the connection to TOS continuity.
    Last edited by knight errant00; May 22, '17 at 11:28 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyGirl View Post
    And let's be honest. We know no one is going to be talking about this show in 50 years. But the original TOS is STILL in reruns, and probably still has a good long life ahead of it.

No question about it!

Images
    I think the Next Gen changes felt like a natural progression of Roddenberry's ideas, some of which networks were not ready for back when the original series aired. I hope Discovery is good, but so far it feels more like a checklist of what the studio thinks the show should be like rather than an organic evolution of Star Trek. Entertainment is art, and art is not a formula that can guaranty success.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    Here's another thing: Wasn't it announced that Jason Isaacs wold be the captain on this show?
    Yes, but he was a late addition to the cast, and apparently the trailer is from early footage. Isaacs tweeted "good things come to those who wait" in response to people asking him why he wasn't shown.

Michelle Yeoh is the captain of the USS Shenzhou, whose role in the show is relatively unknown at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Spock View Post
    Yes, but he was a late addition to the cast, and apparently the trailer is from early footage. Isaacs tweeted "good things come to those who wait" in response to people asking him why he wasn't shown.

Michelle Yeoh is the captain of the USS Shenzhou, whose role in the show is relatively unknown at this point.

I wonder if the new Number One will transfer from the Shenzhou to the Discovery.

Or, do you think they will focus on two Starfleet Starships?

Have you heard anything about the rumor that the series will focus a lot on the Klingon ship and their crew?

I wonder if from week to week they will switch ships each time.

On Wikipedia, it sounds like the first officer is the main character of the whole series, instead of spotlighting the character traits of the captains.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosterheim View Post
    I wonder if the new Number One will transfer from the Shenzhou to the Discovery.
    Or, do you think they will focus on two Starfleet Starships?
    Have you heard anything about the rumor that the series will focus a lot on the Klingon ship and their crew?
    All of those things you mention are rumors floating around, tho it's logical that Michael (Sonequa M-G) does move over in come capacity.

It should also be mentioned that all of the ship footage seen in the trailer is the Shenzhou, not the Discovery.