X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Paypal has no humor....

On Friday a fellow co-worker came over and asked if I could send him $40 in Paypal so he could pay for a Fantasy Baseball thing he was doing. I said sure, and he handed me $40 cash. He didn't have any money in his paypal and I have to assume he doesn't have it attached to a credit card or account(I didn't ask). As I was finishing the friend payment, I paused at the notes section, and just for laughs put in, This is not an ISIS payment and hit send.

Well it seems Paypal must automatically screen the notes section and the payment was put in pending immediately, which led to a series of email correspondence with Paypal all weekend which continued into today. Obviously it wasn't a brilliant joke on my behalf, and my account was put in what is called Limited mode, as was the guy who I sent the money to. I explained it as well as I could, but Paypal wanted to know what I was buying, and wanted to see a receipt, which there was neither, and what was the meaning of the notes section. I explained it was a joke, and went on saying that I'm a network engineer and we use a routing protocol called IS-IS on routers and switches we work on and sent a wiki page about it. I was trying to justify it some other way....

Well this afternoon everything got corrected.... So make sure you don't joke in the notes section, and if you happen to by or sell a Mego ISIS figure, do not put that in the description!
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, that sucks. I got a chuckle out of it and it seems like a simple explanation should have straightened it out without half the trouble you went through. Maybe corporate policy and showing due diligence on Paypal' part? Good that everything got straightened out in the end.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

Paypal has flagged anything with Isis for q while. 2 years ago I bought Isis sandles from FTC and the payment was held up,for 3 days. Fortunately FTC has changed the item code to Goddess so there isn't an issue anymore.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎