X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Batman Series 5 Pictures

So, the title is no really accurate. I only have Batgirl, Catwoman and Two-Face. No Ivy yet and I haven't opened Two Face yet. I might get to him tonight, after these posts. We'll see.

Anyway, I saw a bunch of fragmented threads for this series, so I decided to start my own.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

First up is Batgirl. She is a mixed bag. I like her, but... First, The Positives...

The Gloves work a whole lot better than I thought. The short sleeves work better on her right arm than her left, but they pulled it off pretty well with the lower arm glove pieces. No Bat spikes on the gloves though.

The boots do not work as well. Valiant effort, but even lined up properly, it's a miss. Maybe if I tucked the leggings in more, but how long will they stay tucked in? The gloves and overall suit makes it hard to move this to another body and perhaps a custom suit, but the boots make it a lot more tempting. Decisions, decisions...

The belt is outstanding! They used the softer rubber material that they used for Series 4 Batman's belt. The red purse is a nice touch too... but I thought that was reserved for the black costume? It feels off here. I was going to take it off, or swap belts with the 1st Appearance black costume Batgirl (ripping off the purse), but this belt is sooooooo much nicer that I don't think I can do it! If they ever needed to sell a figure in parts, this Batgirl is it.

The cape is nice and matches the Series 4 Batman.No wire, but nice and thick, well sewed.

I like the head sculpt too. The hair is a little messy, but not too bad. And the one thing FTC always gets right is Batgirl's red hair. Too many companies, like Mattel, miss this.

The body is also good, outside of stuck knees that I was able to bend without breaking.

FTC Batgirl 1B.jpg
    FTC Batgirl 2.jpg
    FTC Batgirl 3.jpg
    FTC Batgirl 4.jpg

I probably should have used the repro Batgirl for comparison, but 1st Appearance was easier to get to...
    FTC Batgirls.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

FTC has created two of my favorite Catwoman costumes this year. This is my favorite costume that The Catwoman has ever wore. The biggest issue for me is that the purple should have been darker. But she kind of has a lighter tone like Batman and Batgirl. Not a deal breaker at all.

Costume looks great. They even have the sleeves longer at the end over the hand... nice touch! Unlike Batgirl, the cape has a wire in it for posing. And the green belt is made from the nice soft rubber material (I wonder if these will eventually start to break down?). I like the head sculpt, flat sculpt and all. I mostly look at these from the front, so... I just noticed that the purple of the cowl is not a match for the purple dress. I guess that could have been better, but I am good with it. Facial expression is really good on Catwoman. But her hair is a mess, so I will have to sneak and comb it after my wife goes to bed!

The biggest issue with Catwoman? She can be hard to keep standing in those boots. And... wait for it... she suffers from FTC Female Hunchback Syndrome :( Not the worst case and I can get her to look good, but there is the consistency issue again with FTC. Oh, and a whip would have been nice too.

FTC Catwoman 1.jpg
      FTC Catwoman 2.jpg
      FTC Catwoman 3.jpg
      FTC Catwoman 4.jpg

...and because I never posted an open picture of the Excelsior Toys Catwoman open...

FTC Catwomen.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I decided to open Two-Face. I opened the rest of them, so why not just get him out the way too?

Not much to say about Two-Face that hasn't been said already. Perhaps his scarred face could have been a little darker green, but that's a minimal "complaint". The head sculpt is fantastic, the suit looks great. All he needs is a coin. Or a gun. Or a coin and a gun. The stock body is usable. I will probably leave him on it.

FTC Two-Face 1.jpg
        FTC Two-Face 2.jpg
        FTC Two-Face 3.jpg
        FTC Two-Face 4.jpg
        FTC Two-Face 5.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Batman Series 5, minus Poison Ivy. I will pick her up when I get some more cash.

FTC Batman Series 5.jpg

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
            So, the title is no really accurate. I only have Batgirl, Catwoman and Two-Face. No Ivy yet and I haven't opened Two Face yet. I might get to him tonight, after these posts. We'll see.

Anyway, I saw a bunch of fragmented threads for this series, so I decided to start my own.
            Thank you so much for posting this review and the awesome big pics! Way cool!!

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by comicmike
              Thank you so much for posting this review and the awesome big pics! Way cool!!
              No problem! Thanks!

Comment

• greensavage2000
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 9, 2013

First off a big thanks to you for the reviews and the photos. Catwoman and Two-Face look really good. Now there's been a lot of criticism leveled at FTC. Some I might agree with, some I think aren't a big deal and some I plain disagree with. I'm not saying that Batgirl should be thrown in the trash and that I'm not going to get one but there's a few things that look off on her.
                Her head looks like the widest point is at the jaw. It seems like her head sits too far back. That seems the most apparent in the second and third photos. The way the cape lays I can't really see her neck which I think is tricking my eye into making this look worse. I have to wonder if the hole the neck goes in is too far forward or what.
                Speaking of her neck it looks like it's shorter than it should be. I wonder if it's​ sitting down into her body. Once again the way the cape sits making this look worse.
                I see what you mean about her boots. The bottom of the bat head printed on her suit legs goes straight across and the boots dip into a point. It looks like maybe if the tips of the wings had been printed and the boots from the first Batgirl, which went straight across, had been used this might have worked really good.
                The cape looks huge and awesome. The belt looks good even though the purse isn't really right for this uniform. If it really bugged someone it probably could be cut off, right?
                They've outlined the symbol with a black line like they did with the Shazam figures. It's not that big of deal but I'd prefer the outline wasn't there. Maybe if it was thinner, I don't know. The grey they used for the suit and going to the trouble of rooted hair for this design is cool. Maybe a different head and boots would be enough for me to be gushing with praise for this figure.
                I want to stop on a positive note. That Catwoman and Two-Face I really do love. They totally knocked it out of the park on those two. Thanks again for photos and reviews.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Ok TR you gotta share your secret on how your getting the pics to post big.
                  The Picts I post for Mike (Grammmercyplace) are big when he emails them to me,
                  but when I post through the forum uploader (BASIC) they shrink when the uploader "uploads" them....
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    First up is Batgirl. She is a mixed bag. I like her, but... First, The Positives...

[snipped]

I probably should have used the repro Batgirl for comparison, but 1st Appearance was easier to get to...
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20713[/ATTACH]
                    First, yes you picked the right one, as 1st app Batgirl is their BEST batgirl figure IMHO, I love it better than my OEM Batgirl!
                    Second, yes a belt switch is in order, will be keeping an eye out to see if they will sell the belt separately......
                    Third, what's up with the Andorian Yellow Gloves, you didn't like the oven mitts? Or did yours come that way? ( mine has oven mitts)

I get what they were going for, but after 1st app Batgirl, to me it seems they made a DRASTIC misstep.
                    While I agree with you on a few points ( color of hair, cape, belt for the most part) I don't like the yellow forearms/ short sleeves combo.
                    Better to either go the RAH look ( finned cuffs of yellow leather) or just Screen printed yellow sleeves ( like the Silk Screened Batgirl Mego made)
                    Try to put her in the "I have to get rid of a bomb" pose ( think Batman '66) and you'll see how bad it REALLY looks
                    (for the record, I had the same gripe about Mego Iron Man)......
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by darkbros
                      Ok TR you gotta share your secret on how your getting the pics to post big.
                      The Picts I post for Mike (Grammmercyplace) are big when he emails them to me,
                      but when I post through the forum uploader (BASIC) they shrink when the uploader "uploads" them....
                      Just iPhone pictures, cropped to subject (and to orient them correctly), basic uploader from computer... that's it. Nothing special!

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by darkbros
                        First, yes you picked the right one, as 1st app Batgirl is their BEST batgirl figure IMHO, I love it better than my OEM Batgirl!
                        Second, yes a belt switch is in order, will be keeping an eye out to see if they will sell the belt separately......
                        Third, what's up with the Andorian Yellow Gloves, you didn't like the oven mitts? Or did yours come that way? ( mine has oven mitts)......
                        I didn't like the ovem mitts, so I swapped them out for the yellow female gloves (not Andorian).

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

How's the detail on the Catwoman head sculpt? Looks kind rough and the hair just seems to rooted just right into the back of her cowl? Hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎