Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

I loved it as well. One of the best sequels of all time, particularly taking into account the time gap.

It's kinda kills me that it's had such a disappointing showing at the box office, given how good it is and how overwhelmingly positive the critical reviews have been. I think it's a combination of people who actually really like Blade Runner being really slow to go out and see it, and the general public just not really going in for art cinema slower-paced movies like this anymore. I'm pleased so many of you guys liked it, but it doesn't surprise me much given that we are of the generation that can still appreciate this kind of film.

How many of you liked Moon (with Sam Rockwell)? I felt it had the same kind of slower pace 2001-style drama unfolding that we haven't really seen since before Star Wars, and I loved it...but it kinda sank without a trace at the box office.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I thought Moon was excellent! My wife like it as well...and she's not a Si-Fi Fan.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Moon was friggin awesome!

I eat up that type of sci-fi stuff.

Anybody here seen Europa Report?

That was one great little movie...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Many don't like THX-1138...but it's a personal favorite of mine....
          sigpic

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
            Many don't like THX-1138...but it's a personal favorite of mine....
            Oh yeah, I'm a fan. Although I feel that reading the novelization with it really helps flesh out the story more.

Just wish Lucasfilm would let us have the non-Special Edition cut of THX 1138, same as with Star Wars. Fat chance though.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎