X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMark71
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 18, 2008

40th anniversary figures with vintage and new stand and all 3 vaders

So i finally had some time to take these pictures. These are the vintage first 12 stand and figures and the new 6 inch stand, Also, all 3 vaders side by side by side.

• Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

They're pretty cool but I still love the originals more. I wish they'd just make the new figures EXACTLY the same as the vintage. Less articulation so they fit in with the old ones. I think I'd collect them if they blended in better.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Spawn67
      Career Member
      • Aug 14, 2009

Where did you get the 2nd wave figures? I didn't know they were released yet...

Comment

• VintageJoe70
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 12, 2016

Nice, but I still love the 3.75 VOTC figures....Plus, the cards fit my starcases....
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

Bought them on ebay. They hit the west coast already.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Your awesome display inspired me to jump on the bandwagon. I know others have rightfully balked at the price, but I couldn't pass these up. It's been a good long while since I have been "on the hunt" and it's been a lot of fun getting out and tracking them down. The rush of actually finding this one "here" and that one "there" was a great feeling to have again.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
              Your awesome display inspired me to jump on the bandwagon. I know others have rightfully balked at the price, but I couldn't pass these up. It's been a good long while since I have been "on the hunt" and it's been a lot of fun getting out and tracking them down. The rush of actually finding this one "here" and that one "there" was a great feeling to have again.
              Rightfully or wrongfully, these have been selling HUGE... and another bonus of hunting them down "in the wild" (aside from "the thrill of the hunt"), is that (at this moment in time), you will inarguably save money...

Due to high demand, about half of them on ebay are going for about $30 apiece (and a lot of those are pre-sale, even). Try finding a Jawa for less than $35,,, I haven't. Neither have I seen ANY in the wild. You're lucky if you have!

May The Force Be With You On Your Hunt!
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

^ Thanks!

So far, all I have bought have been found "in the wild". I was late to the party and by the time I started looking, it was a lot of empty pegs. Big break came about two weeks ago in small town Walmart where I finally saw them for the first time and scored a Han. That made me rally for the pursuit. Biggest surprise after that was learning about the Game Stop exclusive R5D4 and after seeing they were pretty much only going to be found in the secondary market of eBay/Amazon, I decided if I could do the original 12, I'd be happy. I checked one Game Stop in Oklahoma City and they had the Vader/Display set, but nothing else. A twenty-something young lady that was working asked me if I needed help and I told her I was looking for R5D4 and realized I was late to the table. She told me they sold out quickly, but she said she'd check stock from other stores. Low and behold, there was another store a half-mile (seriously...one half-mile away and on the same side of the road) up the road that had them in stock! That was a big thrill.

So I've scored all of the first wave in the wild (obviously, not counting the X-Wing Luke exclusive figure). Just started seeing Leias a-plenty on pegs that were once empty. Saw a lone Obi-Wan yesterday from the place I scored mine two weeks ago. That means I got one from the lone case they ordered (or were allotted) and the other has sat on the peg for two weeks. Easiest to find (and almost anywhere I look): the Vader/Display set. I actually got to pick based on price and pass up some that had the packaging dented in. Hahahahaha

The next six have not found their way into retail in these parts and I am not surprised because the first 6 (or 7, counting R5D4) seemed to have shown up significantly later in retail than other parts of the country saw.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

I'd buy a Han chewy and Vader if I ever saw em
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

I finally rounded up all of the 13 that were available in stores. The X-Wing Pilot Luke that was an exclusive is way too pricey for me and I doubt I will ever pursue that, though I have "completist" tendencies. For me, the fun was chasing them down here and there and having the satisfaction of buying them in stores, anyway.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

I found the Black Series set with Luke and his Landspeeder at Target two weeks ago. The set has been priced at $59.99, but the one I found had been marked down from $59.99 to $41.98 and then $34.99. And this wasn't a dented box. On top of those stickers was another "CLEARANCE" sticker with no price. I took it over to one of the scanners they have for price checks and it read "$17.99". So, I pinched myself, scanned again, and when it said "$17.99" again, I bought it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^You gotta love Target's clearance madness. If you're in the right place at the right time, you can walk out with a whale of a deal.

Meanwhile, TRU keeps inventory decades old on the shelf and barely reduces the price. Sigh.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎