X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Sesame Street Gloriola!

I vividly remember a shop window loaded with these toys and being fascinated with that garbage card, is Oscar the engine? I need to know!!!!!!For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Wonder why they didn't use The Count for the bank? Yeah,he's on the section for quarters,just think it'd be more fun to have him throw the coins in.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I had the Bert, Ernie and Cookie Monster puppets at the bottom (M, N, O). The heads and hands of Bert and Ernie were REALLY heavy! I remember clocking myself in the lip with them a few times. I found one in the wild when my daughter was tiny, and played "Ernie" for her A LOT.

The Cookie Monster puppet was a favorite, and I insisted on feeding it cookies. Yes, I would shove real cookies down his mouth, crush them up with my hand, and have the crumbs fall down my arm. And my mom let me do this.

Thanks for the nice memories this morning!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I had the Grover finger puppet and the Ernie hand puppet. Remember them well!
        Also, a friend gave me a few of the small character figurines that came with the playset in picture B.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

As a child I had the Cookie Monster hand puppet w/ the string that lets him pat his tummy. I also had the first edition set of finger puppets. Ernie was always my favorite. In fact, sometimes he was the youngest son of my father/son action team of Big Jack (dad) Action Jackson (Older son) and Ernie (youngest son) sitting on the back of my Kleenex box pursuit car roaring through my living room jungle. As an adult, I gave my oldest grand-niece (age 4) a complete classic Fisher Price Sesame Street playset (shown at top) after she loved Vol. 1 of the old school DVD set. I now also have another Cookie Monster hand puppet w/ the string. The previous owner cut a hole in the back of his mouth so you could put cardboard cookies in it. My pre-school class loves when I bring him and the Ernie hand puppet for story time.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

I loved the playset! That may be one of the most screen accurate toy play environments I've ever seen.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

The Cookie Monster puppet was a favorite, and I insisted on feeding it cookies. Yes, I would shove real cookies down his mouth, crush them up with my hand, and have the crumbs fall down my arm. And my mom let me do this.

Chris
              Same here, Cookie Monster puppet ate a lot of stuff at my house, cookies, army guys, broccoli I didn't want to eat, etc...
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Not many vintage catalog pages can match a SESAME STREET from the early 70s in getting me nostalgic and desiring for the items I don't have...just about the top in that way, IMHO.

I have some of that stuff...

I have many of the finger puppets twice over... literally the FIRST toy I remember wanting as a child.

I eventually bought that playset as an adult because it's something I had always wanted way back when.

he's not pictured, but I have a couple Sherlock Hemlock hard plastic head/hands puppets (like the Ernie & Bert) back on the east coast that I bought as an adult because they were a good deal, and he's one I really wanted as a kid too.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

I too had the playset. It was one of my favorite toys ever. This stuff is just blissful.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

I loved the finger puppets I had, and I think I still have my stuffed Ernie somewhere. I think we had some of the Little People figures, too. I may have had a Grover hand-puppet at some point, but it might just be wishful remembering. I always wanted a Franklin puppet too, and remember seeing them in the stores all the time.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I just found a 1973 Sesame Street poster book. Someone carefully took it apart and laminated the pages, so they were in perfect shape. The thing that got me was the art is by Mad Magazine cartoonist Jack Davis. Beautiful full color pages. I'll post some after bit.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎