X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

WONDER WOMAN: Final Trailer

The final trailer for WONDER WOMAN. Looks good, but I'm still missing that total "Wow" moment. The action all looks good, but feels a bit generic and like we've seen it done before. As a longtime WW fan, hopefully, when I park my butt in a theater seat, it'll blow me away...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

No WOW factor?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

HELL YEAH IT HAS WOW FACTOR...IN SPADES!!!

Sure, it does feel like the first Captain America flick, but that's a good thing...as long as it has ZERO Zack "Hack" Snyder influence...for one...this has actual color, lol.

This looks sooooo kickarze...and she's just smoking baddarze (and obviously hot).

This might be the DC Universe film (not counting the Nolan Batman ones) that might finally make it a worthy adversary to current Marvel movies.

Wonder Woman...you rock my world...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I follow these guys...they are pretty cool...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

And these guys always crack me up...WARNING...they use colorful language...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Looks good, the horrible song kind of takes me out of it tho.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Songs in trailers are almost never in the actual movie...just like in that Thor trailer playing Led Zeppelin...you know it's not going to be in the actual movie...
            sigpic

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

It looks good to me. Hopefully Warner/DC has finally got their act together.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

No complaints. I'm notorious for quickly stopping from watching something I am not enjoying, be it a trailer, the whole movie, a TV show, or any commercial; & announcing aloud if I think it's 'stupid'. This looks like a wonderful, wild ride, IMO.
                *I am wowed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                  Songs in trailers are almost never in the actual movie...just like in that Thor trailer playing Led Zeppelin...you know it's not going to be in the actual movie...
                  hope you are right, it was a awful piece of crap.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                    The final trailer for WONDER WOMAN. Looks good, but I'm still missing that total "Wow" moment. The action all looks good, but feels a bit generic and like we've seen it done before.
                    Hopefully it's what we've seen Marvel movies "do before" and not the junk WB's been allowing for DC film properties in the past decade or so.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

I think I FINALLY got my "W"o"W" moment tonight for WW during a new commercial that aired during GOTHAM in which we saw WW strike, for lack of a better description, a Phoenix/Dark Phoenix pose while sheathed in lighting. I'd post it if I could find it. It was pretty cool and, I think, may've shown off her first flight ability sequence. You'll love it, Hec, guaranteed!
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Saw the same commercial as referenced in my above post, only with a couple of extra goodies tossed in that finally have me convinced that this is, hopefully, the movie that will shake Snyder's doldrums off the DCEU (at least until he ****es on it again with JL).

If this movie does gangbusters, which I truly hope it does as every female heroine in comics owes as much to Wonder Woman as the other heroes owe to Superman, I really hope that WB and DC will sit back and take a long look at the JL they're currently crafting and, if not scrap it altogether, at least consider going back and doing some reshoots to brighten it up a bit.

DC doesn't have to stand for "Dark Colors." With JL, we need the return of a Superman who brings hope and light as a contrast to The Batman's dark cynicism and they REALLY need to consider finding a way of getting Green Lantern in there, as well, to bring some hope and to break up the color palette. Plus, how are you really planning on taking down Darkseid without the benefit of a character who has a bit of "cosmic" experience, not to mention an army to back him up?

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I don't watch Supergirl anymore...but that was cute, lol...
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

makes me wish WB had enough sense to integrate the tv universe with the movies.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎