Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (spoiler free)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I can think of several people more deserving of prosecution for tweets.
    I can't.

Including Gunn himself.

And that's the point.

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    It's not really over the tweets he made. I mean it is, but it's because a certain group decided to witch hunt him to find anything they could on him.
    He got hosed. He'll be back because there's clearly no real harm done here and absolutely no one was offended, but Disney had to can him because people draw too many false equivalencies and there would be too much faux outrage if they didn't.
    Nothing "faux" about outrage over hypocrisy.

I'm not happy Gunn was canned either.

But I take high amusement in seeing "the other side" try to pass off terms like "witch hunt" as legit when THEY made the rules for what constitutes a "witch".
    Last edited by huedell; Jul 23, '18, 9:14 PM.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by palitoy
      Out of context, he wrote a very clever series of tweets that looked awful in singular but together were completely harmless. Don't buy that horse crap.
      EXACTLY!!! Out. Of. Context. And that was the point I was trying to drive home with my post.

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...59#post1370759

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
        I can't.
        Try harder.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Everyone should delete their Twitter accounts. I should think we as a society are better than that. Seems like very little good comes from the environment of that particular form of social media.

It certainly isn’t helping to mix corporate artists with politics. There really is no winner here.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Try harder.
            No thank you.

Free speech.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              Out of context, he wrote a very clever series of tweets that looked awful in singular but together were completely harmless. Don't buy that horse crap.
              I'm not buying into it. I think it's a shame. I really like James Gunn and his movies. I've liked Patton Oswalt for a lot of years. I can't believe how stupid this all is. I really wanted Gunn to make the third GOTG movie.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
                No thank you.

Free speech.
                I value both free speech and a free press. We should enjoy them while we can.

At any rate, First Amendment rights are not absolute; there are proscriptions.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

I value both free speech and a free press. We should enjoy them while we can.

At any rate, First Amendment rights are not absolute; there are proscriptions.
                  And we'll stop it there.

Of course, in theory, I agree with you...

Yelling "fire" in an a crowded theater? Hmmm...

But I can't say we'll have the same idea about those "proscriptions"... but I can't say we WOULDN'T... hence the good idea to leave it at that, without risking insulting the term "Free Speech" OR each other

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    I'm not buying into it. I think it's a shame. I really like James Gunn and his movies. I've liked Patton Oswalt for a lot of years. I can't believe how stupid this all is. I really wanted Gunn to make the third GOTG movie.
                    Ah Ok, i couldn't catch the context. It made the news when he did it and anyone trying to rail on him for it is just being malicious.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎