Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (spoiler free)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Caught a 2D showing last week. Yeah, it's great fun... epic action sequences, great interaction between the main characters, cool cameos from certain other Marvel characters, etc. It will definitely please fans of the first movie.
    And there are several mid and post credits codas to wait for.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

It's definitely fun. I liked it about as much as the first one. The humor is still the height point, but the characters are all given something to work with, too.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'll be watching it today...about four hours from now...
        sigpic

Comment

• superherocrazy
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 12, 2007

Me and the family just got back from seeing the film and we loved every minute of it. It had everything you expect in a great film and to be honest I was hoping it would never end! The teasers at the end were a bonus and worth staying for. If you haven't seen it yet, take your family and have a great time!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Just watched it a couple of hours ago. Great friggin movie...another winner.

I just realized I'm in love with Nebula...something about her aggressive, angry, bald, mechanical parts, sexy blue on her...I'd definitely volunteer to be her personal pet...

sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hector

I just realized I'm in love with Nebula...something about her aggressive, angry, bald, mechanical parts, sexy blue on her...I'd definitely volunteer to be her personal pet...

The doctors old companion has never looked better....lol
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector

Ahhhhh, Hector----finally in love with Karen Gillan, eh? LOL! Got a little story for you that I finally have a venue for!

I was working admissions the Saturday morning of a Wizard World Con here in Louisville that Karen and Matt Smith were attending and Karen herself, freshly shorn of her red tresses (in preparation for playing Nebula the first time), came down to give those of us volunteering several boxes of baked goodies just to say thank you (with her adorable Scottish accent). She noticed my freshly shaved dome and asked me very politely how I got it so shiny and smooth after sliding her palm over it. I told her lots of years of practice, cold water and a very sharp razor. I don't think I washed my noggin' for at least a week after that! LOL!

She is a super-nice sweetheart of a person and, should you ever get the chance to chat her up a con, definitely do so; she LOVES talking to fans and people in general!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^That is an AWESOME story. I don't think I would ever wash my head again!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    ^That is an AWESOME story. I don't think I would ever wash my head again!

Chris
                    Trust me, I cried when i did!
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm glad they fleshed out Nebula in this story and gave her an arc. I really thought she was the weak point of the first film. The only saving grace was I knew Amy Pond was underneath all that makeup.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                        Ahhhhh, Hector----finally in love with Karen Gillan, eh? LOL! Got a little story for you that I finally have a venue for!

I was working admissions the Saturday morning of a Wizard World Con here in Louisville that Karen and Matt Smith were attending and Karen herself, freshly shorn of her red tresses (in preparation for playing Nebula the first time), came down to give those of us volunteering several boxes of baked goodies just to say thank you (with her adorable Scottish accent). She noticed my freshly shaved dome and asked me very politely how I got it so shiny and smooth after sliding her palm over it. I told her lots of years of practice, cold water and a very sharp razor. I don't think I washed my noggin' for at least a week after that! LOL!

She is a super-nice sweetheart of a person and, should you ever get the chance to chat her up a con, definitely do so; she LOVES talking to fans and people in general!
                        Karen Gillan is a really nice looking lass...but I'm in love with her blue bald alter ego...

Having said that, Gillan seems like an awesome person...glad to hear she's cool as heck in person.,.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Bautista as Drax is pure gold...dude is funny as hell...great character.
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

not to be a spoiler but Bautista's scene with Mantis is wonderful, simply my favourite moment in the film.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Agreed ^^^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                                Permanent Member
                                • May 15, 2009

He had a lot of good scenes with Mantis, but I assume you meant his last one.

I thought Bautista stole the show in the first film and sort of amplified that times ten in this one. Only real downfall is that he never really does anything in this one. He's in some of the battles but never really does anything major (well aside from single handedly killing that space beast lol) but it doesn't take too much away overall.

Was a really good movie and fun to see Tango and Cash back together in the same movie.

And the whole David Hasselhoff thing was sort of jokey and stupid and yet, Gunn found a way to totally make it relevant and meaningful. Some real brilliance going on there.

Marvel has been doing some great, fun stuff for a while, but GOTG continue to be a cut way above the rest. Plus Stan Lee's cameo(s) is golden.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎