Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (spoiler free)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I think there's more groundwork laid for the other movies than meets the eye. That last bit with Aeysha's people, for example. Plus it puts several characters in position for Infinity War.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

I FINALLY got to see this yesterday. We were going to go on the opening night, but got talked out of it with a promise of seeing in Imax the following Sunday, which didn't happen.

I really enjoyed it, I feel it was a great standalone film. I also think it was missing a little bit of the spark the first movie had, but that's a really hard thing to duplicate.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Late to the party... but WOW!!! What a great time at the movies! This movie hit all the right beats. I was wiping away tears from laughing and crying, and laughing so hard I was crying by the end. Who woulda thought Rocket could have such depth to his character? Technically, this movie was just gorgeous (like the first) to look at. The colorful planetscapes are like old sci-fi comics or novel covers brought to life. Too many jokes? Not for this guy. Just as good as the first. Dave Bautista better be careful, or they're gonna have to give Drax his own spinoff. Just... so good. THIS is the reason I go the movies.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I saw it again Sunday and enjoyed it even more this time. I think I like this one just as much as the first, honestly.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

I saw it again on Saturday as well. I think I liked it more the second time too.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Watched it with my son and daughter last week and what an awesome film we were all laughing.
              Such a great sequel my only gripe is no thanos.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Well... looks like James Gunn definitely won't be involved in GotG vol. 3.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                  Well... looks like James Gunn definitely won't be involved in GotG vol. 3.
                  Normally I would say good riddance, but Gunn has done a great job with this franchise and GOTG are not paint by numbers like 75% of the other Marvel films.

Edit: I guess it's over some tweets he made. As a kid I always unknowningly went over the line making jokes so I learned not to have a shock humor gene.
                  You gotta be careful what you post on social media especially if you work in the corporate world.
                  Last edited by Mr.Marion; Jul 20, '18, 7:30 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

It's not really over the tweets he made. I mean it is, but it's because a certain group decided to witch hunt him to find anything they could on him.

And in Gunn's case, he spent a lot of his early career doing outlandish and offensive things (he worked for Troma at one point doing that sort of stuff) and made some sophomoric jokes about unspeakable topics in the form of Twitter jokes. Was it stupid? Sure, but it wasn't like he's out there doing this stuff now. And it's not like he was actually promoting these ideas, many of them come from those "Ruin a movie with a bad title" and such Twitter memes.

He got hosed. He'll be back because there's clearly no real harm done here and absolutely no one was offended, but Disney had to can him because people draw too many false equivalencies and there would be too much faux outrage if they didn't.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

It started with him insulting a bunch of fans. That's probably this "certain group" you mentioned.
                      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jul 20, '18, 8:43 PM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

ALL his own fault. I don’t feel sorry for him one bit. Most hilarious thing is Rian Johnson ruins anything and everything around him. lol

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Remco Monster
                          ALL his own fault. I don’t feel sorry for him one bit. Most hilarious thing is Rian Johnson ruins anything and everything around him. lol
                          Rian Johnson destroyed Star Wars for me.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            Rian Johnson destroyed Star Wars for me.
                            Nothing could destroy Star Wars for me, but he definitely made the worst SW movie since the prequels.

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Remco Monster
                              Nothing could destroy Star Wars for me, but he definitely made the worst SW movie since the prequels.
                              Agreed on this for sure.

But I do feel torn about Gunn... Yeah stupid tweets, but dragging stuff out that's from 10 years ago that was posted as a joke, a bad joke for sure and then getting fired..
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

I don't believe he should have been fired. The two have nothing to do with each other.

A lot of those are not really jokes. He's kidding around, but it only works as talk among a few friends. To dump that on a giant platform was meant to shock those friends and he dgaf what anyone who didn't get it thought, because they don't matter.

That's the real Gunn, though. This current Abrams-Lite guy is an act.

Peyton Reed will get that gig.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎