Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

OK. The Good. The Bad. ..& The Not-Too-Ugly... at all!

I Think upon first glance, ...that these are The Best New Scultps when I take into my personal Tastes & issues w/ "New" "Mego" WGSH figures!

* Head Size --- Looks AMAZINGLY in Scale! ...which has been my Biggest Complaint & reason why I have not bought any new FTC figures since the repros (minus Clark Kent + ISIS so far!) & 1966 Batman Series 2.

* Costuming --- GREAT Update for WW! ...I Like WW's update/upgrade, & Steve Trevor's, Silver Swan's, & Diana Prince's (Need to +ADD Glasses for sure!) costumes!

*** Mego Feel !!! Now I was SO EXCITED by FTC amazing announcement of doing repros of Mego's BATMAN characters, Batman 1966, Dukes of Hazzard, Tarzan, Conan, & was especially INSANELY EXCITED when they added they had the ability to re-make all the DC Mego's AND New DC characters! ...BUT, I REALLY Wanted repros of the DC Mego's, & was keen on New upgrades of existing Mego DC WGSH, making them more like Mego's later released Fantastic Four/Thor/Conan, ...but I have NOT liked the New sculpts starting at Bizarro because of either Head Size (Flash/N.Adams BM/many Superfirends/Dr. Sivan/Martian Manhunter/ect.), detail level or sculpt deviating too far from mego's charm (Superboy/Scarecrow/Poison Ivy/ect.), or BOTH Giant Head Size + Overly Detailed/Sculpt Not Mego-y to me (Bizarro/Ras Al Ghul/Comm. Gordon/Batgirl 2.0/ect.).

* ^^ But I would say that these x4 FTC Wonder Woman wv. 1 Sculpts are definitely MEGO-Y & Size appropriate!!!! Finally!!

I LOVED my Wonder Woman 8" Mego when i was a young boy, & when my 1st & 2nd WW 8" had bit the dust, & I could only find 8" ISIS to join mine & my brother's 8" WGSH collection, ...I got my Mom & Dad to get me the first 12" Wonder Woman to join our BM + Robin, Superman, Hulk, Spiderman, & I believ General Zod + Captain America 12" adventures. ...when that WW broke, I do remember finally having the 2nd 12" WW as well, ...so I was a HUGE HUGE Fan of The Super friends, The Adventures of Batman & Robin, Superman movies & especially 1966 Batman & Wonder Woman TV series! ...so I am glad to get some WW figures.

Now The Bad & Semi-Ugly, ....unfortunately I have gripes. (I know I know, I shouldn't voice them. Ever! lol!)

1. The EYES! What is with the Bruce Timm Justice League/JLU EYES on the NEW "Mego" FTC WGSH figures??? I don't like how they are always more slanted than the source material they are based off. Like Why is the FTC WW, Diana Prince, Raven, Batgirl 2.0, Catwoman 2.0, ect. have that BOTOX squint? I mean, the Botox squint ruins Purple dress Catwoman for me. *I was HIGHLY anticipating Julie Newmar & Eartha Kitt 66 CATWOMAN re-mego figs., ...but I Noticed the difference in the flattened & therefore squinted upper eyes on them immediately. I also noticed it immediately upon seeing reveals for Raven/Batgirl 2.0/ect., & Now I see it on Wonder Woman & Diana Prince! ...They look like my countless JLU Bruce Time 5POA figures of Zatanna/Fire/Galatea/Volcana/Black Canary/ect., but on the JLU figures they are very close to the source material, just slightly exaggerated on the figures. ...I really DO NOT like that The Farrow sculpts open mouths, BIG/flattened heads, or the BOTOX eyes so much on these characters that end up looking SO OFF compared to the picture of the character right beside the figure on it's packaging!

2.) I Noticed right away that WW's Mouth was deformed like some of my MOTUC figures mouths are, ...but in the case of x2/3 of my MOTUC Perfuma figures, it is clear it was the way the fig.'s head was warped was not due to the original scultp, but due to something during manufacturing like pulling the head out of the mold while the plastic was too warm & therefore squished the facial proportions.

FTC: **I hope that the crooked misaligned mouth on the shown protos of WW & Diana Price are just on the prototypes, & are NOT going to be present on all the finished WW & Diana Prince Figures

TC: SILVER SWAN looks GREAT! ...I like The Grumpy Dragon above, HOPE for that Head to get released w/ WHITE Hair, & also be be release painted for generic female heads w/ multiple hair colors for customizing. I wish more New FTC female sculpts would retain this head size & Mego-like look/feel! I really am impressed w/ Silver Swan & other than Steve Trevors Eyebrow, I like his head size & Mego-like feel as well! GREAT Jobs on Steve Trever, Silver Swan, & costumes for Wonder Woman & Diana Prince (once you add Glasses) ...& can you add FLESH Colored tights (like Mego Lt. Uhura's brown tights in flesh tone) so we can add them to cover the legs joints/articulation ponts if we choose? Throw them in the package maybe? Or at least, offer them on your site maybe? Thanks! I hope you still read comments hear!

Comment

• mirrorman
      On Patrol
      • Jul 18, 2011

Hopefully I get to see them over here for a reasonable price .. unill then I still have a big soft spot for the jump suit , original sculpt WW.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎