Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figure8
    Museum Patron
    • May 18, 2016

I think Silver Swan looks just great with a really nice sculpt. But I still hope FTC won't recycle those wings for Hawkman ... WW's outfit is well done, but I wonder why they went cheap on the bracelets. The sculpt is not as convincing as Silver Swan's and I would have preferred a smiling face.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

And now the more I look at the pic of WW in her Diana Prince uniform, the more she looks like she had a stroke. C'mon FTC. Really? SMH

Hopefully the headgear on Silver Swan is removable. That looks like it may actually be a decent, serviceable head sculpt. Time will tell.

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

I'm cautiously optimistic with how these look so far-- especially remembering that FTC's promo pix rarely do themselves justice. No doubt in an effort to give us weekly scoops they sometimes put things out there before they're completely ready. For instance, I fully expect the final Diana Prince will have glasses. Looking forward to seeing more pics once in production.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The outfit on WW is quite nice. Reminds me of the 99 WW Barbie.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Classic Mego versions of STEVE TREVOR and DIANA PRINCE?

GOLD!!!!!
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Love 'em!
              One (very small) nit: the description says "Silver Age inspired", but that's a Bronze Age WW logo on Wonder Woman.

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Here's to hoping they part out the WW outfit and Steve Trevor Outfits....
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I would say these are better sculpts, but marred by poor decos. Brow shapes seem excessive and Swan's should be light brown IMO.

The clothing looks great, I'd have liked a cap for Steve and glasses for Diana though.
                  Agreed. Hoping the final versions may be tweaked a bit including lighter eyebrows for SS.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                    The Man of Many Voices
                    • Aug 30, 2005

Very impressive. I'll definitely get Wonder Woman, Diana Prince and Steve Trevor. Not familiar with the Silver Swan though. I love the cape that WW has, just like the TV series. For a villainess, I'm surprised they didn't consider the one in the movie with the cracked face.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I hope it sells well enough for as second wave. I'd love to have Ares! They could do most of him with reused parts from the knights series depending on how they want to do him.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                        It does seem like Diana should have some ranking on her uniform. According to Wikipedia, she had the rank of 2nd Lieutenant since she was originally a nurse. Not a big thing to fix if it bothers you. JeffBearCO
                        It looks like the Diana Prince costume is more in line with her (Season 1 of the TV series) Navy Yeoman 1st Class uniform that Mego did for the 12 inch Wonder Woman as opposed to the Army 2nd Lieutenant ranking from the early comics.

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          The outfit on WW is quite nice. Reminds me of the 99 WW Barbie.
                          I thought the same thing :-)

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

THe paint jobs on the eyes need some work, but that's usually not a complaint with the finished product. I do otherwise like what I'm seeing. The new head sculpts look good AND proportional. Steve looks especially good; definitely hoping to get some extras of that head. It dies look like all three females use the same new head, which I have no problem with; seems to work nicely for all of them. I do prefer Silver Swan with white hair myself, but she's been shown anywhere from white to platinum blonde to plain yellow blonde, so this is a legitimate interpretation. I like the way the costume is done; having an actual cut-out for the midsection would have been really difficult to make work, so the screenprinted bare belly seems the best option here. Seeing the puffy sleeves makes me wonder why we didn't get those on Supergirl like we should have, as they look quite good. The Swan has always been a favorite of mine, and I never really thought we'd see her in any type of figure form, so this is the definite standout for me. The costume on WW looks good, and a dab of glue stick will fix any slipping problems with the halter. I would have liked the bracelets to be molded, as i think they could have gotten a good amount of re-use out of them in the future; the color is debatable with the "w" design on the halter, as she had both the classic blue originally and then the silver after the Crisis; probably going with the Garcia Lopez merchandising art of the 80's, but that's definitely Bronze Age stuff, not Silver.

This looks to be one of the better DC related offerings of late, overall.

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

I'd love to get the WW suit to make a Modern Earth-23 Nubia!
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

Target has Wonder Woman Barbies from new movie that are way better than these
                                at 15-20.00 and 12". It's too bad mattel didn't do 8" versions of these because their cheaper, and made way better in durability for kids play. I still have the Mattel retro 8"
                                Wonder Woman, and Cheetah,that turned out way better than the wonky male figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎