#MMFTCNEWS Wonder Woman Wave One exclusive Reveal

All in the newsletter this week:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

The new sculpt is a big improvement, but Diana Prince's hairstyle is whacked out. I realize that it is a prototype, butit still looks sloppy.

The Steve Trevor head looks pretty cool, too.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Slarivier
      • Sep 21, 2014

Wow. Those look amazing. I'm both surprised and incredibly relieved. Love the inclusion of the cape, and Silver Swan is perfect. Beautifully done, and worth the wait

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

I like the new Wonder Woman head but hope that her top doesn't slide down like
        my topless Poison ivy whose costume keeps showing her breast. Some kind of straps
        should be connected to hold up her top like on Barbie dolls(clear bands would work)
        Last edited by wise guy; May 5, '17, 8:23 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Silver Swan has a nice sculpt.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I love that they gave her a cape. Also love to see FTC delving past the main stream characters and covering less popular folks. This opens up a lot of opportunity for collectors.
            The dude reminds me of LJN's Rookie line a bit. I like it.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Looks great to me! I am looking forward to these.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I love the way these turned out!
                Wonder Woman's sculpt is a big improvement! I love that they didn't mold on the tiara. Diana Prince's hair is a bit of a mess, but as a prototype, I'm sure they will either straighten it out, or some work once it is in hand will fix it. If she doesn't come with it, I'd probably add glasses. It does seem like Diana should have some ranking on her uniform. According to Wikipedia, she had the rank of 2nd Lieutenant since she was originally a nurse. Not a big thing to fix if it bothers you.
                Loving Steve Trevor's sculpt. I could see that head with dark hair to be Bruce Wayne. Very well done including the costume.
                Silver Swan actually turned out a LOT better than I expected! The artwork on her was always kinda hit or miss and I'm glad they were able to pull off something this good!

With the Wonder Woman head, I'd expect them to get a lot of mileage out of variants. I'd love to see a metallic gold eagle variant. I'm sure we will see her as a nurse, an Amazon outfit, and some form of long dress. I still hope eventually we will get the First Appearance look. I'll be buying multiples.

You know there will have to be a Captain Wonder Steve Trevor at some point. LOL

JeffBearCO
                Last edited by jeffbearco; May 5, '17, 9:34 AM.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 16, 2014

Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggoner head sculpts...then they get my money.
                  sigpic

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but am I the only one that sees, on the WW/Diana headsculpt, the crooked eyes and a mouth that isn't lining up under her nose correctly? And what is with the eyebrows? From the pics, it looks like Silver Swans head sculpt is a huge improvement over past females (I'm talking to you Raven and 66 Batgirl!) but there is something off about the other two. The center piece of this line is WW. She should look like an actual female and not ANOTHER angry drag queen whose makeup is melting under the stage lights. I hope I'm wrong.

As for Steve, he looks okay but again, what is with the "Are you f'ing kidding me?" eyebrows on all the male figures? Seriously. Cyborg has them. Super Friends Aquaman has them. Shazam Jr. has them. Can't we go back to having more neutral faces instead of eyebrows that look like question marks?
                    Last edited by lilbrosj66; May 5, '17, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Hopefully they will fix it.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

The pics I have waited 2 years For! These figures are Beautiful! Best female heads Yet! Wonder Woman has removeable tiara and Cape! Hope WW includes her lasso and Diana Prince glasses otherwise she is like Lynda Carter dressed in ABC 1940s WW TV Episodes! Silver Swan is Gorgeous! Even like Steve Trevor who I never Liked! We have to wait until Fall? Cannot wait to see Bronze Age Cheetah next maybe in WW Series 2 with Queen Hippolyta, Ares and Golden Age WW? These pics made my day and 2017! Lynda Carter and George Perez are happy!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                          Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but am I the only one that sees, on the WW/Diana headsculpt, the crooked eyes and a mouth that isn't lining up under her nose correctly? And what is with the eyebrows? From the pics, it looks like Silver Swans head sculpt is a huge improvement over past females (I'm talking to you Raven and 66 Batgirl!) but there is something off about the other two. The center piece of this line is WW. She should look like an actual female and not ANOTHER angry drag queen whose makeup is melting under the stage lights. I hope I'm wrong.

As for Steve, he looks okay but again, what is with the "Are you f'ing kidding me?" eyebrows on all the male figures? Seriously. Cyborg has them. Super Friends Aquaman has them. Shazam Jr. has them. Can't we go back to having more neutral faces instead of eyebrows that look like question marks?
                          didn't notice the off center eyes and mouth, now I can't unsee it. That coupled with out of date cruddy Mego female body, its a mess.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I would say these are better sculpts, but marred by poor decos. Brow shapes seem excessive and Swan's should be light brown IMO.

The clothing looks great, I'd have liked a cap for Steve and glasses for Diana though.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

Blue police cap from CTVT might do the trick. Otherwise these look nice.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎