Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

That's easy: Yoda. It was also the only one I ever bought. I was 16 at the time, past my first toy-buying stage, but I couldn't resist picking up the little green Jedi Master after watching The Empire Strikes Back in the theater.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

I think it was Luke Skywalker from the first movie. From there, I had many figure and vehicles from the first three Star Wars movies.

Many toy lines came and went in the years that Star Wars toys were, originally, in toy departments/stores. As a kid, I remember thinking 'Wow, Star Wars toys are still here!'

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• tay666
        Career Member
        • Dec 27, 2008

My first ones were Stormtrooper and Death Squad Commander.
        I hadn't seen the movie yet (wouldn't actually see it until it came back around and mom took me to the drive-in to see it)
        I got hooked on the movie thanks to someone buying me a pack of cards, loved the pics, and from there I got the book, and the rest was history.

Comment

• supes
          For the love of Mego's!
          • Jan 19, 2004

Mine was the early bird set! And what a surprise when I opened it up on Christmas morning, it had 2 mail in certificates in it!!! So my brother got a set also. So the answer would be Luke, Leia, R2D2 and Chewbaca

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Ranger 3
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 25, 2007

These are very solid memories for me (but don't ask me to remember last week!). I started with the early bird set, then waited impatiently for the rest of the first 12 to hit stores. I distinctly remember that when they did come to my local Kmart, the Sand Person, Death Squad Commander, and Jawa were missing from the assortment. The Sandie and DSC showed up not to much later but no Jawas (or they were shortpacked and snapped up before mom could get me to the store). I ended up finding a single Jawa in a 'Circus World' toy store in the mall some time later.

M

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎