X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Happy Masters of the Universe Day!

Since 1987 one of the longest running nerd "holidays." Predating May the fourth and Alien Day by decades.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

What is the significance of the date and Masters? Love that commercial.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Here you go.

I love that commercial too.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Epic!

And supposedly the new movie will be released in 2019.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Dang it, I missed it! But I'm pretty sure I had that Earl Norem poster on my wall from the MOTU magazine!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            But I'm pretty sure I had that Earl Norem poster on my wall from the MOTU magazine!
            Those posters were awesome! I loved the MOTU and She-Ra magazines.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Never missed an issue. I think I had a subscription at one point...

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Jason73
                Correctamundo!
                • Jan 11, 2009

That commercial seems to suggest that Zodac is one of the villains. Just as the package did. I always thought it was weird that the Filmation cartoon series portrayed Zodac as good guy.
                Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jason73
                  I always thought it was weird that the Filmation cartoon series portrayed Zodac as good guy.
                  The original DC Comics and Filmation cartoon portrayed Zodac as a neutral cosmic being trying to keep the balance of good and evil in the universe.

Comment

• Jason73
                    Correctamundo!
                    • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    The original DC Comics and Filmation cartoon portrayed Zodac as a neutral cosmic being trying to keep the balance of good and evil in the universe.
                    But he was an Evil Cosmic Enforcer. That sounds sinister.
                    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Zodac was Metron from the New Gods. He even had the same chair more or less!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

From one big MOTUC fan to the others on this board as well as anyone else who enjoys anything from the whole MOTU franchise to those whose tastes are focused on more specific aspects of MOTU like the SNL-derived "Land Shark", the Popodopulous family tribute "Webstor" or the hilariously named "Shower-Power" Catra ...... happy MOTU Day!
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎