X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Shows when they premiered...

What are some classic t.v. shows you saw the night they aired the first episode? Did you think they would become a classic?
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Happy Days --- my older sis made me watch the first episode and I loved it from then on.

Comment

• Spawn67
      Career Member
      • Aug 14, 2009

Some I can think of offhand is The Cosby Show and Married with Children (only because this new network called Fox came on when wrestling was usually on), and the first Simpsons full episode (after the tracy Ullman show)..

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I can remember watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation" when it premiered, but since it was a syndicated show and played locally on Sunday nights at 10:30PM, it might have been close to a week after the official premier. I have kept the VHS I recorded "Encounter at Far Point" on when I first saw it and may have to dig it to see if I dated it.

Comment

• Allie Fox
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 1, 2009

As a SciFi loving kid of the 70s, I remember being excited about Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers and Salvage 1. In the 80s I was stoked about Max Headroom and TNG.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

The only one that sticks out for me is The Incredible Hulk. That pilot movie scared the living crap out of me. It still holds up today.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers in the 25th Century spring to mind immediately.
              I also vividly remember the premieres of shows like The Greatest American Hero, Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Airwolf, the A-Team, etc.

Edit:

Forgot to mention the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man show and the Bill Bixby Hulk. Remember those premieres, too.
              And the original 'V'.
              Last edited by Bruce Banner; Apr 30, '17, 8:29 AM.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I remember watching the debuts of The Greatest American Hero, Knight Rider, Quantum Leap and just about every other possible genre/sci-fi show you can think of between, say 1979 to 1993 or so. Of course any comic-based show that debuted during this time...I was there. Flash, Lois and Clark, etc.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                  Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                  • Nov 12, 2005

I remember seeing the first episodes of "Mork & Mindy" (plus the Happy Days pilot), "Dukes of Hazzard", "The Incredible Hulk", "Moonlighting", plus more recent shows like "Lost" and "Agents of SHIELD".
                  sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

Batman, Monkees, Green Hornet...Wonder Woman, Hulk, Battlestar, Kolchak, POTA...ST:NG, Original Flash series...

Cartoons? So many...1st Scooby Doo, Josie, Wacky Races...

And oddly, HeeHaw stands out, I can still remember my aunt telling us how it was going to be the next Laugh-In (which I was not allowed to watch).

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

Gosh I know I probably saw many premiere episodes but trying to recall if I saw them the night they first premiered or later in a rerun now is tough. I know I saw the premiere episode of "The Incredible Hulk" on CBS as a kid. As big of a fan as I was of the Hulk, the show was so serious and dark (I was only five years old) that it freaked me out a bit. But I wound up watching many more episodes!

Another one I remember for some reason is the premiere of "Moonlighting". It wasn't something I was particularly interested in at first, my parents were more intrigued by it. But I wound up quickly loving the show. The fact that a girl I went to school with who I was good friends with (and crushed on) also was really into the show helped keep me interested too I admit We'd talk about last night's episode every week while walking home from school. This show might not qualify as a classic to some folks, but I think it is.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 9, 2013

I remember watching Greatest American Hero, Star Treks NG and Voyager. Ones I couldn't swear to in a court of law but I'm sure I did are Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman, Hulk and Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

• Apositive
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 3, 2011

I watched all of the early attempts at Marvel on CBS and I remember being disappointed in every single one of them- Spider-man, the Hulk(the best but I was a kid so I was bored), Captain America and Doctor Strange. I also remember the first three-hour Battlestar Galactica on ABC.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 3, 2010

As like many members here, I watched a lot of tv from as long as I can remember. Every possible cartoon from 1970 on as well as the reruns of all the great HB and WB toons. As far as premiers, I can remember Happy days and all the spin offs like Mork, Laverne and Shirley.
                            I fondly remember The hulk, Spider-Man, man from Atlantis, delta house, Barney Miller, & Soap to name few.

My fondest memory is the NBC Saturday night movie of....KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE PARK. The event of my young 11 year old lifetime, lol.
                            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah Saturday morning is probably my best memory, Challenge of the Superfriends, Drac Pack, Jason of Star Command, Monster Squad, I was sooooo there.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎