Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Three Terrors figures. First new figures for the original MOTU line since 1987

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 Three Terrors figures. First new figures for the original MOTU line since 1987

First wave of figures in Super7's continuation of the original MOTU line. There was also a glow set exclusive to comic con last year.

All the figures have the classic power punch action and the legs are strung with a black rubber band. The legs are not loose and they all stand very well.

Terror Wolf, Jaguar and Bat all use the original Skeletor body sculpt. Surprisingly they do not look to use the Commemorative molds from 2000. Most obviously they don't have the ridge around the bottom of their feet like the 2000 reissues. They are smooth like the 80s figures. My guess is these are new molds. The terrors have all new accessories and heads. The heads are very soft and squishy. Softer than the vintage soft heads. They have a really fun Remco Warrior Beast look to them.

Skeletor is, obviously, an all new sculpt but in very much the style of the original figures. The Havoc staff is very close to the original. I think the detail on his face is a hair soft and he is missing the two short painted lines between his brows.

I really dig them and I can't wait for the next series. Finally Filmation designs in the classic toy line!

motuterrors.JPG
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

I dont collect MOTU, but I follow a ton of instagram accounts of people who do and people who collect the knock-offs and custom figures, and I just going to say it. These look horrible. Nothing about them says vintage line to me. Im really surprised super7 is attached to these as Im normally really into the stuff they put out.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The Three Terrors do have a very Remco knock off vibe to them. I think they are fun.

The Filmation prototypes shown at toy fair for the next wave do have much better sculpts and look more vintage Mattel and less Remco.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Werewolf
        The Three Terrors do have a very Remco knock off vibe to them. I think they are fun.

The Filmation prototypes shown at toy fair for the next wave do have much better sculpts and look more vintage Mattel and less Remco.
        Yeah, I am going to be hard pressed to not spring for the new retro figures. I wasn't a fan of the Three Terrors but I know I would like them if I had them in hand.

Comment

• Jason73
          Correctamundo!
          • Jan 11, 2009

Does anybody know when the Filmation styled vintage figures are going to be released?
          Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jason73
            Does anybody know when the Filmation styled vintage figures are going to be released?
            I don't think they said a official release date yet and everything is pushed back because of the delays with the Ultimates. I'm guessing fall.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah....I think it's neat they are doing these, but they do feel like knockoffs snuck into an official MOTU release. The Skeletor is fine, but the Three Terrors....if they were doing a Warrior Beasts retro line, they nailed it. But maybe that's what they were going for?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                The Skeletor is fine, but the Three Terrors....if they were doing a Warrior Beasts retro line, they nailed it. But maybe that's what they were going for?
                The bodies the Terrors use are spot on vintage MOTU. It's just the heads that give them the Warrior Beasts vibe. It had to have been intentional since Skeletor and the upcoming Filmation figures aren't done that way.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Meh, I've heard people complain that the Terrors look like knockoffs, but they look almost identical to the characters in the toon they're from, so I don't think it's a valid critique.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, that is pretty much how they looked in the cartoon.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      Yeah, that is pretty much how they looked in the cartoon.

http://super7hq.com/news/new-motu-cu...gures-revealed
                      Only real complaint would be they either reversed the bandaging or the source picture is reversed?
                      Other than that they all look decent enough.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎