X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Question about Alien

Just saw the original movie again, in a movie theatre. I know the movie by heart, but on the big screen, you do get a better look at the details. Here's a question or two.
    After Dallas gets taken by the alien, the crew discuss options. Ripley sits at the rec room tabel, Ash is standing. She argues with him, and seems to have a big bruise on her right cheek. In the next scene, no bruise. Is a scene missing? What happened?

Similar question: Ripley argues and struggles with Ash in Mother's control room. Not a fight, just some light pushing and shoving. She moves to the rec room, where she now has a nose bleed, and Ash has "blood" trickling from his hairline. Again, is something missing?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I don't know any details about any specific scenes but I do know there's tons of unused footage that would probably make the movie 4 hours long if edited in.

Wish somebody would attempt it

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Re: the bruise: A lot of people think it's from when Lambert slaps Ripley in the director's cut, but I'm not so sure.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎