X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greensavage2000
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 9, 2013

Doc Savage

Years ago when Famous Covers were being made I decided I wanted to make a Doc custom. This was my first attempt at sculpting but I drew the human figure a lot so I had that experience. I finished the sculpt and made a latex mold and made a couple of casts with hydrocal. That was as far as I got.
    I tried to sculpt it in the same scale as the other Famous Covers and they have smallish heads so it might work for a Mego.
    I took one of my casts and sanded the neck down a little and fixed​ it so it would fit a DM Mego body. It might be a little wide. It would probably look better on a type s. The DM body is a little small and a bigger body might help. Here's some pics.

• hawkmike
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2003

very cool I a big ds fan?
    wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

I guess. I've been lax in picking up anything lately but still really love Doc. I have all but one of the singles, about 6 maybe of the doubles and 4 or 5 of the omnibus' put out by Bantam.
      I think he's great character and the books are just great reads. Of course you got to love Monk and Ham. One of the funniest of their insults I remember was when Ham told Monk that when his mom was pregnant with him she should have been arrested for smuggling​ dope.
      As far as customs go I think the Mego muscle body is perfect for Monk. The fists only would work for Renny.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by greensavage2000
        I took one of my casts and sanded the neck down a little and fixed​ it so it would fit a DM Mego body. It might be a little wide. It would probably look better on a type s. The DM body is a little small and a bigger body might help.
        Looking at your pictures, I see what you're saying, but I don't think it looks all that wide... I think it'll look more "correct" once he's painted up and dressed...

Comment

• greensavage2000
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by apes3978
          Looking at your pictures, I see what you're saying, but I don't think it looks all that wide... I think it'll look more "correct" once he's painted up and dressed...
          That's what I'm hoping.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎