• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I really like Crystal Skull..it fits right in with the first three IMO

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I don't hate Crystal Skull either. It's not Raiders, but what is? It's not Last Crusade, but that's my personal favorite. Temple of Doom... it's a bit closer to that. I don't really see a great dip between those two. Maybe the EVEN Indy movies are the weak ones?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I could have done without the fridge, laughing gopher and Mutt but other that that it really wasn't that bad. I did really like the return of Marion. Hopefully the next movie will also drop the alien angle and go back to the supernatural.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

It would be nice for the franchise to finally tackle something like Atlantis or maybe tie it in to Stonehenge or Easter Island. It would be kinda cool to see those big heads suddenly erupt out of the ground with bodies.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

I also quite liked Crystal Skull. The alien aspect was cool and wasn't really that much of a departure from the supernatural essence of the other three. That whole "Chariots of the Gods" kind of thing is fascinating and I'm glad the movie had that vibe.
            I thought Crystal Skull was actually better than Last Crusade, which in my opinion remains the weakest entry in the series.
            Raiders still reigns supreme, with Temple of Doom a great follow up.
            Yeah, it would be cool if the next one dealt with Atlantis or Lemuria or something cool like that.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Oh!, there are many great ideas in here!

---------------

Space between spaces.....

---------------

The Crystal Skull was much better than Indy's Choose Your Own Adventure/Find Your Fate book, ha!,ha!

Seriously, the more I watch it, the more I like it. (even though South Park and RLN really trashed it)

-but, I wanted Ray Winstone's character to have been a little better, and more of a cool evil character, and one that made a greater importance to the story. They have him and did not use him enough. John Hurt and Cate Blanchett were perfect.

The film is good, aside from that and gun powder being highly magnetic, and I did not enjoy mentioning Henry Jones Sr., the way they did, if Sean Connery doesn't want in, don't bother writing the character into the story.

---------------

Digital and stuntman Indy are good, CGI- just another tool in the trade.

Just don't make Indy clumsy, or even like a young superhero CGI, just make it believable with acceptable limitations.

---------------

I think that I played Indy in Atlantis in a video game.....

Atlantis would be wonderful, as would Easter Island, Stonehenge and a number of other ancient civilizations. Sumerians, maybe.

The movie doesn't even need a lot of action for me, more mystery and investigation with Hammer Film type suspense and revelations.

Tap into Indy's knowledge.

Then have old Indy fire a few machine guns, plant some explosives, commit vehicle sabotage, climb some ladders, and instead of swinging on the whip, he can still disarm people with his trusted whip.

Horse riding is a plus, look at William Shatner, he is still expertly riding horses.

And also have Indy drive a big truck through Mesopotamia or somewhere.

----------
              P.S. And as far as Indy fist fights go, instead have Indy engage in an intricate knife fight, close quarters and serious, practiced and deadly, rather than fast and rough, slow and a tone of one wrong move and Indy is dead in seconds.

Other fights, have Indy use lead or brass knuckles that he earlier steals from a bad guy.

For a moment of comedy, Indy is forced to break an ancient, non-reproduction vase onto a bad guy's head, a twist on Henry Jones Sr., hitting Indy in TLC.

-edited for word corrections and additions.
              Last edited by Klosterheim; Apr 26, '17, 7:43 PM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Likely it would feel much like WAREHOUSE 13, but how about a story involving all the "stuff" in the warehouse where we saw them put the Ark of the Covenant. Perhaps they put some other ancient, mystical artifact in there that stirs the pot and various critters and bogeymen make it out into the world and the government has to call on Indy and his skills and knowledge to help put the genie back in the bottle, so to speak...

The last few lines in "Raiders" where Indy is talking to the government officials always struck me as a good launching point for an Indiana Jones spinoff series of movies called "Top Men."
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 13, 2016

Harrison Ford is NEVER too old- He will outlive us all!

My biggest issue with Crystal Skull is kind of a snobby one (surprise) since the ACTUAL Crystal Skull in which the story is supposedly derived from was de-bunked. And that the person who "found" the Crystal Skull made it all up for fame and so they could trick people out of their money. True Story.
                  Of all the amazing legends and stories that make archaeology so damn cool, couldn't they have found something that wasn't a flat out con artist lie?
                  My best friend is an archaeologist and she knows a gazillion cool stories that would make for awesome Indy stories.
                  -Diana

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I absolutely love the anthill fistfight in KOTCS. If you listen, you can even hear Harrison yelling "Bam!" with each punch he throws, with gusto. We can all nitpick little irksome bits (I felt there wasn't enough use of the bullwhip), but it's still a good time at the movies.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I agree with you. Not a great movie and it goes too far at a few points and has a bit of an anticlimax, but still entertaining enough.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                        I like Crystal Skull. It's heavily flawed, but it is a fun, harmless film. It could never be what the 80s films were... they waited too long, but the internet vitriol over it is unwarranted for what is essentially supposed to be a love letter to 50's B movies. You should check it out.
                        agree 100%. I love the movie, flaws and all. it's not as good as the first 3, but it is still a fun movie and it's INDIANA JONES for crying out loud

Comment

• toyman
                          Just Another Collector
                          • Sep 1, 2008

I could see him teaching someone the ropes and sending them on a mission only to show up at then end to save the day.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

One approach would be to see him fully aware of his physical limitations and rely on his wits instead of his fists like his dad did in Last Crusade.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I still think Harrison Ford could whoop my butt in a fistfight. As long as he has Ben Burtt's punch sound effects behind him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎