• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Indiana Jones 5 confirmed for 2020

Spielberg and Ford to return.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I love Indy but Ford is getting waaay too old to do this. When this comes out he'll be twenty years older than Connery was in Last Crusade.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

agreed. Harry is my favorite actor but he is too old to play the part convincingly at this point. And in 2 years or so when they start filming he will be what, 76? 77? the only way I can see the franchise moving forward is to do a two part story, with a connected storyline between the old Indy and a new younger actor taking over as Indy in the past

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

I think the movie will be fine. Harrison Ford will not be too old for the story.

I'm looking forward to more Indiana Jones!

The character has great physical endurance and after years of world travel, he's ready for another adventure. Even with the extra mileage and not the years, Indy will be fine.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I would not at all surprised to see this be a situation in which we begin to see the implementation of digital overlays. With Ford's increased age (not that 76 or 77 is old, but it is older), I would imagine insurance costs will become higher for the production in general plus, no matter what anyone says, a man of 76-77 years of age is not going to have the endurance or stamina of someone even ten to fifteen years younger. With computer graphics becoming as advanced as they are, in 2020, who's to say that you won't have either a fully digital Indiana doing the "heavy lifting" (dangerous stunts, etc), or that you might not have a younger actor with a similar build in a motion capture suit that Harrison Ford's likeness is then grafted on to.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I would fully support a Young Indiana Jones model, where Harrison Ford is Old Indy and a new actor takes over as the Young(er) Indy. Otherwise, I don't see this working. Star Wars has a whole theme of generational conflict where an older Han Solo made a certain amount of sense. But nobody ever watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and thought, "Wow, I can't wait to see what this character does when he is in his 70s." The character belongs in the pulp age.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Bring it.

More John Williams too.

And don't shut out Lucas. He's not the Devil.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
                I would fully support a Young Indiana Jones model, where Harrison Ford is Old Indy and a new actor takes over as the Young(er) Indy. Otherwise, I don't see this working. Star Wars has a whole theme of generational conflict where an older Han Solo made a certain amount of sense. But nobody ever watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and thought, "Wow, I can't wait to see what this character does when he is in his 70s." The character belongs in the pulp age.
                By the time the new is made, Indiana Jones will BE the pulp age! LOL!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Looking forward to it immensely.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Just stunt cast the guy that's playing Han Solo and be done with it. Bookend it with old Indy telling a story or something.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I think one of the two scenarios you guys put forth will be right. Either digital de-aging or old Indy with flashbacks to a young Indy with a new actor. Going forward the latter would make sense.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I never saw the last one, so i'll probably pass on this one as well.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I like Crystal Skull. It's heavily flawed, but it is a fun, harmless film. It could never be what the 80s films were... they waited too long, but the internet vitriol over it is unwarranted for what is essentially supposed to be a love letter to 50's B movies. You should check it out.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

No Shania Laboof, no Steve.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Hedji
                              I like Crystal Skull. It's heavily flawed, but it is a fun, harmless film. It could never be what the 80s films were... they waited too long, but the internet vitriol over it is unwarranted for what is essentially supposed to be a love letter to 50's B movies. You should check it out.
                              Yeah I agree, it's not as bad as some make it out to me. It's just not up to the standards of the first three, but it's watchable. I'll go out on a limb and say it's no Superman IV, Batman & Robin, or Star Trek V. Or any Fantastic Four movie, actually.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎