X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
    Sounds like you need to watch some of RLM's Nerd Crew to get the taste out of your mouth
    That's what caused me to watch all that crap, i wanted to see who they were mocking. Nerd crew is brilliant and sadly, too subtle.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Yeah the problem with podcasters is they aren't entertainers. They make rookie radio mistakes.
      I mean honestly if you are covering a film why would you do a synopsis. Most listeners " ALREADY SAW the MOVIE ! " And if they didn't you're spoiling the film.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
        Sounds like you need to watch some of RLM's Nerd Crew to get the taste out of your mouth
        That is some funny ****e. Hyped credentials is a major annoyance of mine.

Originally posted by palitoy
        Yeah, who elected him again? I can't bear him.
        Legendary elected Hardwicke, but this all goes back to AICN and Knowles. Even this RLM sketch is a shot at Harry's payola reviews.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah the problem with podcasters is they aren't entertainers. They make rookie radio mistakes.
          I mean honestly if you are covering a film why would you do a synopsis. Most listeners " ALREADY SAW the MOVIE ! " And if they didn't you're spoiling the film.
          Since I'm a podcaster (how did that happen?), I thought I would respond. When it's a new movie, we normally don't do a formal synopsis. We cover the story beats as we're sharing our thoughts. If it's an older movie, like we cover every Halloween on our House of Franklin-Stein series, we do a full synopsis, and drop audio clips in to help "illustrate" it a bit. I think you have to give listeners a frame of reference. You should always be up front that you are going to spoil a film, but honestly if it's 50 years old, I think you're good. I've listened to film shows that only do a brief, general synopsis (my pal Rob Kelly's Film and Water) and then shows that give very exhaustive, deep-dive synopsis-es (the Hammer Films podcast, 1951 Downplace). I think either approach can work, it all depends on how the hosts like to tackle it.

I know that was slightly off-topic to this thread, but I just wanted to share my perspective as a podcaster (again, how did that happen?!?).
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
            Legendary elected Hardwicke, but this all goes back to AICN and Knowles. Even this RLM sketch is a shot at Harry's payola reviews.
            Yeah he was definitely patient zero in all of this but I've been reading and it seems that RLM has been invited to events by Disney and Sony where it's been largely implied (or possibly demanded) it's in exchange for a good review. Makes sense, movie studios can't bribe critics but some of these youtube celebs have more influence and can be bought with premieres and backpacks full of funko pops.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

^My bad. I didn't think you meant it as a direct shot at someone/something. Some guy has done a few youtube juxtaposes to show what shows are being targeted. I never watched Collider videos, but damn they seem to be at the top.

This is funny, because they're legit angry but can't speak as to why. The one guy is pressed and he lets it slip; job security.

I watched the four eps last night. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It wasn't just the shots they take, but the actual improv such as with the crates. I wish this was their main project.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap

I watched the four eps last night. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It wasn't just the shots they take, but the actual improv such as with the crates. I wish this was their main project.
                They're all funny but the Crate opening is absolutely hysterical, I had tears coming from my eyes.

Like you i had no idea whom they were poking fun at and didn't need to, it was still funny. It's just good satire.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Caught a 2D showing earlier today. Yeah, it's great fun... epic action sequences, great interaction between the main characters, cool cameos from certain other Marvel characters, etc. It will definitely please fans of the first movie.
                  And there are several mid and post credits codas to wait for.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎