X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

East Coast Comic Con April 29 & 30

Anyone else going? Great cast of Creators/Writers/Artists that are going to be there:

http://eastcoastcomicon.com/guests

Even though I can't stand driving in Jersey...I have to go. Have never met Joe Jusko, Tom Mandrake, Jan Dursema, Simon Bisley, JM DeMatteis, Denny O'Neil, Mike Zeck, and John Beatty. Now I just gotta get to the collection to dig out what I want signed
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

I'd love to hover over Mandrake for a bit. His Ostrander stuff is still my favorite of the 90's. Zeck is a very nice guy.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
      I'd love to hover over Mandrake for a bit. His Ostrander stuff is still my favorite of the 90's. Zeck is a very nice guy.
      Ostrander and Mandrake's Spectre is THE Spectre series in my opinion. I don't think any of the other series that The Spectre has had can compare to their run. It really humanized the right hand of God.

Still trying to get a release date on the Captain Chronos series he's doing for Hammer comics.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

GREAT SHOW!!! Had a really good time. Got a lot of signatures. Couple of Megos. Some $1 comics. Got to talk with Tom Mandrake, Mike Grell, JM Dematteis, Mike Zeck and Joe Jusko. Wanted to get some of those prints of the corner box art from Joe Jusko but they were really odd dimensions of 7 1/ inches by 25 inches. There wasn't a top loader built for those prints and I was going to lug them around the show all day long. Just a great fun show to go to. Definitely will go back next year.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
          GREAT SHOW!!! Had a really good time. Got a lot of signatures. Couple of Megos. Some $1 comics. Got to talk with Tom Mandrake, Mike Grell, JM Dematteis, Mike Zeck and Joe Jusko. Wanted to get some of those prints of the corner box art from Joe Jusko but they were really odd dimensions of 7 1/ inches by 25 inches. There wasn't a top loader built for those prints and I was going to lug them around the show all day long. Just a great fun show to go to. Definitely will go back next year.
          I havent found affordable mego at a comic con in a long time. Got any pics of your haul? I believe you can still get some decent finds in the dollar bin if you dig thru the bins, it's tougher than it used to be .

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

Hopefully I can go next year. This year has been non-stop events that while fun, I had to make the cut off somewhere, if I was going beef up my Meet fund in any meanful way.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎