X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

Fawcett and Quality Comics Heroes

Which fawcett and quality heroes are DC Comics properties?
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Pretty much all of them as far as I know. DC bought the Quality characters out right in the 50s, and began licensing the Fawcett characters in the 70s. They bought them outright in the late 80s/early 90s.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Some of the Phantom Lady stuff is kinda screwy though, DC owns her but there's some public domain stories, correct?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I'd have to go back and re-read TwoMorrows' Quality Companion to be sure, but that's the gist of it. Basically a partner in Quality left, and decided he could publish Phantom Lady elsewhere. That's where the Matt Baker "headlight" covers with Phantom Lady come from. But I think Quality still legally owned the name, which is why AC Comics version was eventually named Nightveil or whatever.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Yeah, I'd have to go back and re-read TwoMorrows' Quality Companion to be sure, but that's the gist of it. Basically a partner in Quality left, and decided he could publish Phantom Lady elsewhere. That's where the Matt Baker "headlight" covers with Phantom Lady come from. But I think Quality still legally owned the name, which is why AC Comics version was eventually named Nightveil or whatever.

Chris
          The AC version was called Blue Bulletteer until the made her Nightveil, probably a retcon.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎